Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

A good comparison between the Beaglebone Black and RasPi

Nice!  On the ethernet front they're forgetting the BeagleBone's ethernet is native on the CPU, while the RPi has to use a USB ethernet chipset over its USB port I believe.

Might not matter much until you start doing heavy USB I/O concurrently...

I think the biggest thing for me one vs the other is that the rpi isnt really an embedded device( depends on how you view it i guess ) and the beaglebone is. Granted we do not get all gpio/periphs out, but 96 pins is it ? Is much better than what ? 6-8 pins?

That is what threw me off of the odroid too, but the high performing odriod is more of a desktop replacement I think. With cost to match.

Will read that, and all the other stuff you all are putting up after we finish putting our panels up. GOt to say, we've only got 8 left to put up, and the power is cranking :) Love it 

Yeah (PRU) rather limited, 8KB code space / 8KB RAM / 12KB shared memory segment tieing all 3 together (main CPU + both PRUs), has access to the rest of the address space albeit via a sometimes-busy shared bus link, runs a limited RISC architecture that TI only has ASM for (no C dialect).  Runs at 200MHz.  Designed to offload realtime/critical industrial communications & operations type of stuff.  And most of its I/O pins are taken by the HDMI framer I think.  Still fully usable if you don't plug any HDMI cable though... and the fact is, that can do some serious GPIO work.

Im still curious if the PRU's couldnt be used for highspeed / frequency PWM / ADC. Havent looked into them yet, but I have the original PDF that has the PRU documentation in it now, and a link to the OSS assembler. Have talked to several guys in the IRC, and they keep saying it is supper easy to code for.

2 more panels left . . .bbiab

Im still curious if the PRU's couldnt be used for highspeed / frequency PWM / ADC. Havent looked into them yet, but I have the original PDF that has the PRU documentation in it now, and a link to the OSS assembler. Have talked to several guys in the IRC, and they keep saying it is supper easy to code for.

2 more panels left . . .bbiab

What are these panels you are talking about? :unsure:

What are these panels you are talking about? :unsure:

Solar panels. Wulfman and I have been hard at work the last week putting an additional 5460watts on our roof. We've been living off grid here for the past 3 or so years with only roughly 1500W peak solar trying to maintain 2100aH worth of batteries. Now, we're somewhere above 6kW peak power income.