Sign in to follow this  
32614_1489253935

using ADC tivalaunchpad

Hi,

We need more info from you - what is your battery voltage (i.e. CR2032, or car battery, or other? We have in production line battery systems even for 110V dc ) and also what kind of themperature do you need to measure - ambient one, battery temperature, chip temperature (there is a temperature sensor on-chip). And what is your temperature sensor?

L

Hi,

At the motobike battery voltage, the ADC offset mostly does not matter, or is within a good accuracy. It can be measured and used into a formula to get better results, but at the expense of some external components. More, you must scale down the voltage to be within the ADC range, (the maximum scaled battery voltage should be less than maximum ADC range) and the scaling is better to be done with resistors and an op-amp, since the ADC input impedance is not so high.

TI has all sort of components to make measurements, including temperature sensors. Choose whatever is convenient to you. I prefer ones giving scaled results (degC/mV inmy case) since I only measure the voltage without too much calculations.

L

Hi,

For your temperature sensor you may search this forum or TI's Tiva forum, it is possible to find out some posting related to this. The alternative is to use TI's I2C libray and of coarse to dig into the data sheet of your sensor. I know it is bulky, but that is for all specialized sensors. And the interface it is not a simple one, but can be used.

L