43oh

using tiva C series and processing.

Hello everyone

I wrote the following code to run a stepper motor in arduino depending upon a UART signal. The UART signal came from processing 2 code. Now instead of an arduino board i  want to run the same code on my TIVA C series tm4c123gh6m launch pad what should i  do.

Note- I used digital pins 8,9,10,11 of the arduino to run the motor. What does 8,9,10,11 refer to in tiva C series?

int a=8;
int b=9;
int c=10;
int d=11;

void setup()
{

Serial.begin(9600);
 pinMode(a, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(b, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(c, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(d, OUTPUT);
establishContact(); 
}

void loop()
{
  int tex;
  tex=Serial.read();
  if(tex=='A')
  {
   digitalWrite(a,LOW);
   digitalWrite(b,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(c,LOW);
   digitalWrite(d,HIGH);

delay(5);

digitalWrite(a,LOW);
   digitalWrite(b,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(c,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(d,LOW);

delay(5); 

digitalWrite(a,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(b,LOW);
   digitalWrite(c,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(d,LOW);

delay(5); 

digitalWrite(a,HIGH);
   digitalWrite(b,LOW);
   digitalWrite(c,LOW);
   digitalWrite(d,HIGH);

delay(5);
  }
}

void establishContact() {
  while (Serial.available() <= 0) {
    Serial.write('A');   // send a capital A
    delay(300);
  }
}

Sir, I intend to use PB7, PB6, PB5, and PB4, to run the stepper motor. For arduino i used pins 8,9,10,11. What changes should i make to the code so that it is configured for PB7, PB6, PB5, PB4 pins. And do we need to initialise all registers (like AFSEL, AMSEL, etc), like it's done in keil.

Sir, I intend to use PB7, PB6, PB5, and PB4, to run the stepper motor. For arduino i used pins 8,9,10,11. What changes should i make to the code so that it is configured for PB7, PB6, PB5, PB4 pins. And do we need to initialise all registers (like AFSEL, AMSEL, etc), like it's done in keil.

you can use the macro PB_7, PB_6, PB_5 and PB_4.

You also can use numbers but i never know wich ones they are, it's easier to use the leters and numbers macros

int a=8;
int b=9;
int c=10;
int d=11;

Can simply be changed to
int a=PB_7;
int b=PB_6;
int c=PB_5;
int d=PB_4;

If you are using energia. You do not need to initialise any registers. Energia can be considered as arduino for msp430 and tiva c. You never had to initialise registers on your old arduino board did you? Energia & Arduino both abstract that away from you. With the change I just stuck above your code verifies just fine in energia.

@@spirilis has linked you to the pinout guide. You will notice pins are given both a number, port name and a few have extra names ontop of that too. We'll take the pin the red LED is connected to as an example.
int ledPin = RED_LED;
int ledPin = PF_1;
int ledPin = 30;

all 3 are valid options for referring to pin 30 on the tiva c launchpad.