43oh

EasyMSP 0.8.2 Beta2 Released

I have just released the second beta of EasyMSP 0.8.2. Grab it while it's hot http://code.google.com/p/easymsp/downloads/detail?name=EasyMSP%200.8.2%20Beta2.zip

Change Log:

Added hardware SPI Functions:

• hspiConfig()
    hspiOut()
    hspiIn()

Added Watchdog Functions:

• enableWD()
    disableWD()
    clearWD()
    enableTimer()
    disableTimer()

Improved:

• Commenting
    Formatting

I have also changed how you include EasyMSP, Please see the wiki for more information.

Next on my list is Hardware I2C and software UART. One thing i do know is I2C WILL be included in EasyMSP 0.8.3, but i'm not sure about UART yet....

This looks awesome! Thank you so much for doing this!!!

2 questions:

1) Should the include header file of "easymsp.h" be now replaced by "EasyMSP082RC2.h"? In the YourFirst Project example?

2) For learning C, what books/sites would you specifically recommend?

Thanks again,

Roger

Hi Matt,

Thanks for updating us.

A suggestion:

If you could list all the changes that were made, it would be insightful and shows that the library is improving as a whole.

Also, what happened to RC2? Looks like you found a few more bugs to iron out. :)

Heh, yeah. I thought i was ready to release RC2, But no, Tests proved otherwise :P

This looks awesome! Thank you so much for doing this!!!

2 questions:

1) Should the include header file of "easymsp.h" be now replaced by "EasyMSP082RC2.h"? In the YourFirst Project example?

2) For learning C, what books/sites would you specifically recommend?

Thanks again,

Roger

Hi rbwiliams,

I have updated the page with new example code that applies to EasyMSP 0.8.2 Beta2

As for learning C, i'm not sure what you recommend, however it looks like http://www.cprogramming.com has a nice tutorial on C.

Regards,

MattTheGeek

So how serious are you about this Arduino compatibility layer? What's there now seems awfully scant (for example, the only version of millis() I found was pretty wrong, and millis() is a pretty fundamental Arduino function.)

(It looks more useful as a collection of handy non-arduino-compatible functions...)

So how serious are you about this Arduino compatibility layer? What's there now seems awfully scant (for example, the only version of millis() I found was pretty wrong, and millis() is a pretty fundamental Arduino function.)

(It looks more useful as a collection of handy non-arduino-compatible functions...)

I haven't paid much attention to the AFI, since i need to implement the functions first. However, I'll take this into consideration.