43oh

[Library] Color LCD graphics library

Here are 2 graphics libraries that can be used with my Color LCD BoosterPacks as well as some other LCDs

ugl8tiva works with:

1.8" JD-T1800 ST7735

2.2" ILI9225 (with touch panel or without, but touch is not implemented yet.)

ugl8tiva.zip

ugl16tiva works with:

2.2" 320x240 ILI9341

2.4" 320x240 ILI9341

ugl16tiva.zip (updated 4/27/15, new pinout)

MSP430 versions are here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are 2 graphics libraries that can be used with my Color LCD BoosterPacks as well as some other LCDs   ugl8tiva works with: 1.8" JD-T1800 ST7735 2.2" ILI9225 (with touch panel or without, but

Finally make my Tiva-C board work with the v3 LCD (2.2" 320x240 ILI9341).   Share with newbie to embed programming.   1. Download code.   ugl16tiva.zip     2. Build the project.   If you ar

EDIT: I got it to work:     I have it wired up as this:   Tiva -> ST7735R LITE -> Vcc MISO -> B6 SCK-> B4 MOSI -> B7 TFT-CS -> A4 DC -> E4 Reset -> Vcc Vcc -> V

Posted Images

By default, all my LCD BPs have RC reset circuit. However, there's usually a jumper that allows reset to be connected to MCU. In software, all you have to do is configure pin as output and pull it low for a specified time before configuration.

Not sure what the questions is, but

1) my first LCD was advertised as ILI9340, not ILI9341, so I just left it as 9340, it works with both,

2) this library was initially written to work with other controllers (<256 pixels,) but they were removed. I left this define in case I add new controllers.

Please tell me how to convert FLOAT to CHAR and bring it to the screen? I read out data with external sensors. I write indications of the sensor in a variable (float type) and this value it is necessary to display on the screen.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I can't get this to compile for some reason on CCS 6. I've got the following errors:

"../tiva.c", line 40: error #20: identifier "GPIO_PB4_SSI2CLK" is undefined
"../tiva.c", line 42: error #20: identifier "GPIO_PB7_SSI2TX" is undefined

Any ideas? I've created a new project specifically for this launchpad, moved everything in, etc. and still no go!

@@juchong, I just imported project from ccs5 to ccs6 and it worked.

The define you are missing is in [TiwaWare install dir]/driverlib/pin_map.h, so check your project settings.

I went ahead and checked the directories in my project settings tonight and wasn't able to find any issues with it.. I'm not getting any #define errors and it looks like CCS is finding everything. Any other ideas?

1_zps50637f6a.png

2_zps91761672.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

I am using a TI TM4C123GH6PM microcontroller running @ 50MHz to interface to your 2.2 Color LCD with touch Booster pack.

Is there a quicker method for executing the "drawPixel" function? . I calculated the time it takes to execute this function is 187 microseconds @ 50MHz. But I need it to be faster cause I am creating a graphing application and the update rate is slow and the screen flickers. Right now it takes about 30ms to draw the data across the screen (157 pixels). Trying to cut it in half to around ~16ms (60 frames/sec)

Does the "setArea" function need to be called every time the drawPixel function is executed or is there a way to bypass it so the setPixel function executes quicker.

Also, is it possible to change the SPI clock freq to make it clock in data faster to the LCD?

Where would I get the documentation for the LCD (LCD driver IC doc, NameBrand of LCD, electrical specs, etc.)?

Thanks for the help,

Brock

drawPixel is used for drawing single, non-consecutive pixels, so you need to setArea before each pixel.

If the pixels are on the same row or column, use drawLine or fillRect, which call setArea only once.

You could improve the speed by removing function calls and duplicating SPI functions inside drawPixel.

Another thing you could do is utilize Tx buffer (my code was written to be universal, so I had to make some sacrifices.)

In my test code, I can draw about 750 pixels/30ms using drawPixel, so 157 sounds little low.

ILI9225 data sheet claims SPI clock speed up to 50MHz, but I have never tested it at those speeds.

LCD spec sheet may not be 100% accurate (I know for sure it was edited by the vendor.)

ILI9225DS_V022.pdfSQC22006A00NO_TP-spec1.0.pdf