43oh

Tiva version 2.1

Hi,
Today was released TivaWare version 2.1.0.12573 which can be downloaded from here:
software-dl.ti.com/tiva-c/SW-TM4C/latest/index_FSD.htm
This new release contain many news, including some compiler configuration needed to be changed - the famous TARGET_IS_BLIZZARD_REVxx
was changed to TARGET_IS_TM4C123_REVxx.

Also many driverlib functions were changed or moved to other .h files. As many users will try to update this, please it is wise to read first this document:
SW-TM4C-RLN-2.1.0.12573.pdf which is located in /doc folder of your Tiva-2.1 installation.
Regards,
L

It also includes support for the new EK-TM4C1294XL Connected LaunchPad.  Out of the box cloud connected.

Support with working examples for CC3000 on EK-TM4C123GXL and the new Connected LaunchPad.  

NFC support on the boost-dlptrf7970abp with both launchpads

Built in support with examples for the QVGA 3.5" Kentec BoosterPack on the new Connected LaunchPad.

Built in support and example for the boostxl-battpack Battery Booster.

Probably missing some other good stuff that i am currently forgetting as well.

Dellwood.

Odd. That link doesn't work for me, and if I search from TI.com it's still version 2.0. (CCS doesn't automatically update either.)

Maybe they're in the middle of some updates for the launch for the EK-TM4C1294XL.

OK: Follow the link from here that says 2.0 and you do get 2.1! There was a typo/change in the link @@Lyon posted - FDS.html rather than FSD.htm

http://www.ti.com/tool/sw-tm4c

http://software-dl.ti.com/tiva-c/SW-TM4C/latest/index_FDS.html

So does this also work with the Stellaris?  Realizing some features such as PWM are not available.

Well, fwiw, none of the lm4f part #'s are listed in the inc/ directory, but if there's an equivalent TM4C part it's there.

E.g. the Stellaris LP LM4F120H5QR is now TM4C1233H6PM, which has representation in there.  Just gotta port everything wholesale over to assuming the chip is indeed a TM4C1233H6PM.

Well, fwiw, none of the lm4f part #'s are listed in the inc/ directory, but if there's an equivalent TM4C part it's there.

E.g. the Stellaris LP LM4F120H5QR is now TM4C1233H6PM, which has representation in there.  Just gotta port everything wholesale over to assuming the chip is indeed a TM4C1233H6PM.

Thanks, this doc has a table of the Stellaris to Tiva part numbers http://www.ti.com/lit/an/spma050a/spma050a.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie Alert!

this may be a silly question but I have looked in the in hw_types.h and don't see an answer

instead of using TARGET_IS_BLIZZARD_RA1 for example the new target is TARGET_IS_TM4C123_REVxx, what does xx become.

In hw_types we have CLASS_IS_TM4C123 & REVISION_IS_A0 (also A1, A2, B0, B1) my chip has no revision number on it and the TM4C123gxl board itself just says Rev A

Same rev. Actually I think you can use the latest rev no matter what chip rev since they all basically have the same manifest of ROM functions anyhow, within the same chip family (TM4C123 vs TM4C129 being the two different chip families available so far).

TARGET_IS_TM4C123_RB1 for older Tiva LP and TARGET_IS_TM4C129_RA1 for Tiva Connected LP

You're supposed to be able to figure out the silicon and die revision from the printing on the top of the chip, but mine don't have the correct markings either.

You can read the chip revision in the DID0 register, though.

#include "inc/hw_sysctl.h"
/* ... */
{
  unsigned int did0 = * (uint32_t*)SYSCTL_DID0;
  UARTprintf("Hello, world: %x: %c%x\n", did0, 'A'+((did0 & SYSCTL_DID0_MAJ_M)>>8), (did0 & SYSCTL_DID0_MIN_M) );
}

From this mine are both B1.  It also appears the available ROM functions do vary depending on revision (e.g. some EEPROM routines weren't in RA1); see driverlib.rom.h for details.   There's also at least one driver API change between silicon revs hiding in nfclib/trf79x0.c that depends on having the correct TARGET_IS_x flag.

spmz849c provides errata for the TM4C123x and shows the mapping from major/minor field values to die and silicon revisions.  spmz840b does the same for TM4C129x.