43oh

A new Tiva C LaunchPad about to be Announced!!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Tiva Connected LaunchPad says hi btw-   Using my new "v3.0" edition of that Nokia 1202 LCD boosterpack. Main program: /* newlp1202.c */ #include "hw_inc.h" #include "driverlib/gpio.h" #inc

Here is the teaser - promo video   It looks like it's based on the TM4C129   The query string in the link announces this for all to see....mcu-tivc-ek-tm4c129xl-em-lp-en   Glenn.  

More info released http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/launchpads-tivac-ek-tm4c1294xl.html#tabs   $20 with Ethernet but not in stock yet

Posted Images

From the blurry photos, it looks like

• Two full sets of Tiva-style headers (pins still on the wrong side of the board, but once you've established the Booster Packs, you're sort of stuck with it)
  • Seven blocks of 2x7 connections, no headers, plus a mess of other connector points on the board, and a fist full of jumpers.  2x7 is a weird number.  I'm almost thinking that this is more likely to be prototyping/breadboard space than chip pinouts.
  • Four pushbuttons
  • Micro-USB at each end -- not necessarily any better than the current combo of power and debug connectors -- the chips on the right side resemble the debug/loader half of the current Tiva, but perhaps they're letting it be used for other than just loading?
  • I'm guessing the large blurry block on the upper left is an Ethernet connector
  • It's likely one of the other blurry blocks is a WiFi, Bluetooth LE and/or NFC/RFID.  Less likely are GPS and 3G cell; even less likely would be LTE.
  • 2 weeks later...

From the blurry photos, it looks like

• It's likely one of the other blurry blocks is a WiFi, Bluetooth LE and/or NFC/RFID.  Less likely are GPS and 3G cell; even less likely would be LTE.

Not sure it is a Wifi, I think it is the transformer (Pulse HX1188NL) for the Ethernet, as can be seen on the TM4C129 Development Kit (dk-tm4c129x). See image here

I would be very happy if it was the rumoured CC3100, that has recently been accidently announced, as discussed in this forum post, but with it being black, I don't expect this to be the case as Wifi modules are usually covered in metal.

Glenn.

Those doing research, be sure to note the default TM4C1294NCPDT datasheet is missing the details in the USB section--but you can d/l the NDA-version of the datasheet with the link in this PDF: http://www.ti.com/lit/ml/spms410a/spms410a.pdf

This is a click-through NDA agreement (similar to the electronic signature for the TivaWare d/l) that gives you the full datasheet.

Also with TivaWare, this is #define TARGET_IS_SNOWFLAKE_RA0

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email saying they're accepting preorders to ship on 6th March. My pre-preorder is still just sitting there in "Processing".

Texas Instruments is now accepting pre-orders for the Tiva™ C Series Connected LaunchPad. Order your kit now at the TI eStore and your Connected LaunchPad will be ready to ship when we start accepting regular orders on March 6! You will be one of the first users to get your hands on the industry’s lowest-priced Cortex-M4 evaluation kit with one of a kind out-of-the-box connectivity options!

link to store