43oh

another topic for other MCUs

I think we should have add one topic for other micro controllers, I love how its centered on MSP430 but there are other MCUs that i am experimenting with and may be of some interest to people that would like to compare or find out about how different or easy they are to program

but this is just an Idea since i had ordered some Zilog MCUs

Z16C3516VSG IC 16MHZ Z8500 CMOS ISCC 68-PLCC

Z86E0812SEG1903 IC Z8 2K OTP 12MHZ RC OSC 18SOIC

Z8F0423SB005EG IC ENCORE MCU FLASH 4K 8SOIC

Z8F0830SJ020EG IC ENCORE XP MCU FLASH 8K 28SOIC

I would like to toss in my opinion, though the decision is yours, bluehash.

One of the reasons I like 43oh! is that I know every post on the blog and in the forums is going to be MSP430 related. I like the specialization. I think AVRfreaks is popular for the same reason.

FWIW,

-Doc

Maybe just make a generic, "Other Electronics" forum. That would cover anything,other than specific MSP430 stuff including other processors. There people could ask analog questions, and get help on generic electronics stuff.

In the end, I agree with Doc. Adding a new forum for non specific micros might help bring people here, but it will dilute the website a bit if it becomes too popular. Though, it is whatever you deside bluehash; if you want your website to be a generic micro forum then it would be a good idea.

NJC

I second this motion, but do it like you did with the MSPhere forum... out of the way of the main forums.
Maybe just make a generic, "Other Electronics" forum. That would cover anything,other than specific MSP430 stuff including other processors. There people could ask analog questions, and get help on generic electronics stuff.

Agreed. Especially on the Analog side.

if you want your website to be a generic micro forum then it would be a good idea.

NJC, good point. The portal name is 43oh, so I'm a little too late on making it a generic site. There are alot of boards out there like eda for generic help, so 43oh would only satisfy a small fraction.

But.... I'm all for having a separate section. This will attract new members who have experience on other chips. In turn the MSP430 community gets larger.

I'll think it out and discuss the new forums in this thread for inputs.... and by all means keep suggesting.