Sign in to follow this  
Rhys

Tivaware errors in CCS5

Having trouble getting Tivaware setup in CCS5.  It appears that TI didn't bother to actually rework any of the examples for the new Tiva part numbers.  Here are the two errors I am getting.  I've figure out how to fix the second one by adjusting the project properties for the correct part number, however the first one I can't find an equivalent replacement file for.

Description Resource Path Location Type
File devices/lm4f120h5qr.xml does not exist.  Was included by file C:/Users/jbyers/workspace_v5_4/blinky/target_config.ccxml target_config.ccxml /blinky line 0 Problem

This project was created for a device that is not currently recognized: Cortex M.LM4F120H5QR. Please install the device descriptor, or migrate the project to the closest match from the supported devices by adjusting project properties. blinky  project Problems

These two errors show up before before even attempting to compile the code.  When I attempt to compile it, I get this error

gmake: *** No rule to make target `clean'. blinky  Unknown C/C++ Problem

Here is the contents of target_config.ccxml where the first error is being generated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<configurations XML_version="1.2" id="configurations_0">
    <configuration XML_version="1.2" id="Stellaris In-Circuit Debug Interface_0">
    <instance XML_version="1.2" desc="Stellaris In-Circuit Debug Interface_0" href="connections/Stellaris_ICDI_Connection.xml" id="Stellaris In-Circuit Debug Interface_0" xml="Stellaris_ICDI_Connection.xml" xmlpath="connections"/>
    <connection XML_version="1.2" id="Stellaris In-Circuit Debug Interface_0">
      <instance XML_version="1.2" href="drivers/stellaris_cs_dap.xml" id="drivers" xml="stellaris_cs_dap.xml" xmlpath="drivers"/>
      <instance XML_version="1.2" href="drivers/stellaris_cortex_m4.xml" id="drivers" xml="stellaris_cortex_m4.xml" xmlpath="drivers"/>
      <platform XML_version="1.2" id="platform_0">
        <instance XML_version="1.2" desc="Stellaris LM4F120H5QR_0" href="devices/lm4f120h5qr.xml" id="Stellaris LM4F120H5QR_0" xml="lm4f120h5qr.xml" xmlpath="devices"/>
      </platform>
    </connection>
  </configuration>
</configurations>

I have yet to find an equivalent to the XML file anywhere in the Tivaware folders.  If I delete the entire target_config file and adjust the project properties for the correct MCU, it will build without complaints and seems to work fine.

Is this the correct way to get the examples working?  Was TI being lazy and just dumped the Stellariesware examples into new folders for Tivaware?

Overall, I'm getting a bit frustrated.  The chip appears to be exactly what I need as far as the hardware goes, but the software ecosystem doesn't seem to have hit the maturity level that is needed for the hobbyist community.  I would love to use Energia rather than CCS, as I've spent a fair amount of time with the Arduino IDE, but it doesn't seem like it's being maintained, and is pretty useless to me as it currently exists.

Already updated CCS, good to go there.

If I go to the project properties and change the part number, then delete the ccxml file, Blinky will compile with no complaints.  One of the other demos did throw up a warning, not at the dev workstation at the moment, so I don't have that error handy.

You would think that TI would have fixed the LM4F dependencies when they released the Tivaware package for the TM4C chips instead of just copy/pasting them from one folder to another....