Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

Tiva-C shipping times

Spoke with TI on this the other day and they expected to clear the remaining back-orders and have units in stock by early September.

Original EK-LM4F120XL shows still in stock at $9.95 on the TI eStore.

Dellwood

I ordered mine from either Arrow or Avnet, can't remember which.  Cost a couple dollars more, but they had them in stock and shipped immediately, had it in two days.  I believe Digikey has them in stock as well.

Now, if I could just figure out how to actually get CCS setup and working correctly I might be able to do something with it....  So far, I have all sorts of errors, even after following the setup guides (which are all still written for the LM4F, not the TM4C, and therefore half useless).  All the Tivaware stuff shows up in CCS with errors due to it all still being written for or setup for or something for the Stellaris, and I can't figure out how to fix most of the errors.

I'd use Energia, but it has no USB HID or QEI libraries, or proper Tiva C support in the first place, which are the things I need the most.

So far, it's a $15 paper weight that blinks :(

@@bluehash They did, but as far as I can tell, Tivaware is just a rehash of Stellarisware, and they didn't bother to make sure things actually worked before they released it.  Either that or I'm doing something wrong, which is entirely possible, since I haven't used CCS before.  I can say with certainty that they haven't rewritten the CCS setup tutorial for the Tiva yet, and so all of the paths and names are wrong.  Tivaware's path structure appears to vary significantly from Stellarisware, so the tutorial isn't exactly helpful.  Plus the Tivaware examples all complain that they were written for the Stellaris, and I have not yet managed to figure out how to fix that error....

If you have any luck getting CCS and the Tivaware libraries and examples behaving properly, I would greatly appreciate any pointers you could pass along.  I'm primarily familiar with the Arduino IDE, haven't spent much time with fancier IDEs for anything other than HTML/CSS coding.  I'd love to use Energia but the libraries for the Stellaris/Tiva are, shall we say, a bit lacking.  I need USB HID libraries, and I would prefer a library for QEI rather than have to set it up by hand.  I did find a post on here with instructions on how to setup the QEI hardware at least though, and it looked simple enough that I might actually take the time to write the library myself.  I don't know enough to write a USB HID library myself though, so I need to find a working IDE with a working USB HID stack and that hasn't happened yet.  Hopefully one of the more experienced programmers out there can give me a hand.  I'm more of a tinkerer, and the Tiva was the best ARM MCU I could find as far as the hardware goes for what I want to do with it.  Unfortunately, coming from the Arduino/Atmel camp, it's not the friendliest one on the software side.

I like your forum by the way, hopefully the activity will pick up and it will become a good community for what appears to be an awesome product (once the IDE situation improves a little).

@@bluehash They did, but as far as I can tell, Tivaware is just a rehash of Stellarisware, and they didn't bother to make sure things actually worked before they released it.  Either that or I'm doing something wrong, which is entirely possible, since I haven't used CCS before.  I can say with certainty that they haven't rewritten the CCS setup tutorial for the Tiva yet, and so all of the paths and names are wrong.  Tivaware's path structure appears to vary significantly from Stellarisware, so the tutorial isn't exactly helpful.  Plus the Tivaware examples all complain that they were written for the Stellaris, and I have not yet managed to figure out how to fix that error....

If you have any luck getting CCS and the Tivaware libraries and examples behaving properly, I would greatly appreciate any pointers you could pass along.  I'm primarily familiar with the Arduino IDE, haven't spent much time with fancier IDEs for anything other than HTML/CSS coding.  I'd love to use Energia but the libraries for the Stellaris/Tiva are, shall we say, a bit lacking.  I need USB HID libraries, and I would prefer a library for QEI rather than have to set it up by hand.  I did find a post on here with instructions on how to setup the QEI hardware at least though, and it looked simple enough that I might actually take the time to write the library myself.  I don't know enough to write a USB HID library myself though, so I need to find a working IDE with a working USB HID stack and that hasn't happened yet.  Hopefully one of the more experienced programmers out there can give me a hand.  I'm more of a tinkerer, and the Tiva was the best ARM MCU I could find as far as the hardware goes for what I want to do with it.  Unfortunately, coming from the Arduino/Atmel camp, it's not the friendliest one on the software side.

I like your forum by the way, hopefully the activity will pick up and it will become a good community for what appears to be an awesome product (once the IDE situation improves a little).

Thanks for the kind words.

If you can do this, We can probably help you.

Download Tivaware.

Download CCS

Load up one of the examples and compile it. Start with blinky. List your errors here and we'll take it from there. Start a thread in the general forum.

fyi- Rick posted this link in #43oh IRC yesterday, something to look at when migrating from Stellaris to Tiva.

http://www.ti.com/general/docs/lit/getliterature.tsp?literatureNumber=spma050a&fileType=pdf

Migrating Software Projects from StellarisWare®
to
TivaWare™