43oh

Merge Beagle Board Coverage

Rather than having a whole site that covers the Beagle Board (Beagle-fu), with forums that duplicate the ones here I think it would make more sense to have one set of forums for beagle.

If the software can handle it, having one forum base, with different homepages/views on it

would seem to make the most sense.  (The Beagle fronptage could break out the beagle fora with more detail, and give short shrit to the others, just as the stellaris/Tiva front page does now, emphasizing the stellaris fora, and summarizing those for Beagle, STM32, etc.)

That way fora like for sale, etc. could be easily shared (as was tried between here and 43oh).

One could also then  easily use an overall site name, with different sub-names for the processor specific sites.  (tiva.armp.it; beagle.armp.it; stm32.armp.it ), and you would be all ready for the next time somebody renames their product line.  (A site with a lot of different branches (or ARMs). 

Rather like my suggestion of basing site name on one of the characters that had a lot of appendages - shiva, etc.)

Alternative would be to remove all the beagle coverage here (possibly importing it into Beagle-fu), except maybe for a single general beagle forum.  (At least then wouldn't have as much duplication).

Hi Igor,

Yes, I'm currently moving(copying) posts from here to there. So a few more days. After that it will be a hard link from here to BFU.

One could also then  easily use an overall site name, with different sub-names for the processor specific sites.  (tiva.armp.it; beagle.armp.it; stm32.armp.it ), and you would be all ready for the next time somebody renames their product line.  (A site with a lot of different branches (or ARMs). 

Rather like my suggestion of basing site name on one of the characters that had a lot of appendages - shiva, etc.)

I like this! I'd have to look if the forum software allowed for a thread pull from other sub-domains. I'll go one step at a time and see how much traction the beagle forum gets.