Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

New ARM community

That framework looks good. Why haven't I noticed that before? :-) I would indeed find LPC11xx support really cool. If you need someone to test, I'll be willing :-)

I too am surprised by the lack of community around these chips. The LPCware forums are the closest, but I'm not very impressed. Probably got spoiled by 43oh.com :-)

Yeah I found that one also. I'm surprised how little information is out in the wild about these chips given how easy they are to use. I'm getting my fabooh framework going with it. I expect it will be a while befre I publish anything though. I have it doing basic GPIO and Serial working at this point. I'm just using it with an FTDI dongle.

Are there many people interested in this chip? Is this an appropriate site to have a discussion about it? I haven't found any fanboi sites for it.

Since we are on the subject and I'm thread jacking.... would it be better if I bought all the Arms - M3/M4 under this forum? 

I have to anyway change from Stellaris. That way I get all you guys under one roof.

Since we are on the subject and I'm thread jacking.... would it be better if I bought all the Arms - M3/M4 under this forum? 

I have to anyway change from Stellaris. That way I get all you guys under one roof.

I assume that you suggest to move to a non-vendor based structure, and in that case I think it would make sense.

I know that a lot of the peripherals are different between vendors, but I think good usage of tags will alliviate this.

I assume that you suggest to move to a non-vendor based structure, and in that case I think it would make sense.

I know that a lot of the peripherals are different between vendors, but I think good usage of tags will alliviate this.

Sorry xpg.. totally valid point.. but really hard to do it with tags. It became confusing when it was implemented and I had to tag ever post, if the poster did not do it.

How about an LPC1114fn28 forum .. just for the cortex-m0 chips in DIP packaging?

-rick

:) serious?

Sorry xpg.. totally valid point.. but really hard to do it with tags. It became confusing when it was implemented and I had to tag ever post, if the poster did not do it.

Ahh yeah. Now that you mention it, I do remember that. Nevermind, then :-)

Personally, I think it would be nice to have a good cortex-m forum. I think Stellarisiti is the best one out there (but I might be biased as I come from the 43oh-community).

Although the diversity of cortex-m devices out there is quite large, I've kinda come to the conclusion that it often makes sense to use MCUs from different vendors or series depending on the case at hand.

I'm working with these MCUs purely in my spare time, so I have no problem switching vendors as long as the toolchains are fine. For cortex-ms it's mostly about how they are programmed/debugged as GCC works fine as cortex-m compiler.

I would prefer if the cortex-m community doesn't get too fragmented, and having a good umbrella forum here would suit me very well.

@spirilis: I quite enjoy your Renesas thread on 43oh. Wouldn't mind hearing more about other 32-bit devices :-)

There's definitely a lack of a community for the ST ARM devices too. The STM32Fx discovery boards are really nice and a great price for the hobbyist. It'd be great if there was a community that was as good as 43oh. (I know there's a sub-forum here that doesn't get that much use - maybe because the site is primarily TI focused.)

There's definitely a lack of a community for the ST ARM devices too. The STM32Fx discovery boards are really nice and a great price for the hobbyist. It'd be great if there was a community that was as good as 43oh. (I know there's a sub-forum here that doesn't get that much use - maybe because the site is primarily TI focused.)

Well, I guess there is not much else to do than start posting more about the ST and NXP ARMs in here :-)

I can change that Fred. If members are willing to populate the sub-forums.. I'm seriously considering  getting back Armhq.

Well, I guess there is not much else to do than start posting more about the ST and NXP ARMs in here :-)

Please do. That would be great. if you need kits or anything.. let me know. I'm sure I can sponsor a few members here.

I'm thinking something like: themcuhq.com or themcuheadquarters.com (both are unregistered as I type this).

Sub-forums / sub-domains broken down by either architecture or manufacturer with sub-forums under each as appropriate.

Could have arduino.themcuhq.com and ti.themcuhq.com or armm0.themcuhq.com, armm4.themcuhq.com, pic.themcuhq.com ...

Just thinking out loud.