Randy1426459910

Tiva sighting

Delivery date for my Tiva Launchpad was just updated to 6/21/2013... and my Stellaris Launchpad shipped - dooh! :rolleyes:

My Tiva launchpad's estimated ship date at 06/15/2013, 2 months to go.  <_< 

Well, I think I know what happened here... you need to add the Tiva board to your wishlist and then order it. I think I saw the picture at the bottom of the page and added it to the cart not realizing that that was a link to the old EK120XL... so now what will I do with two more :)

well, my two xl120G's are here....

Ship date for my Tiva order is 7/3/2013 so it looks like I'll have fun over the 4th of July weekend :)

My Tiva launchpad's estimated ship date at 06/15/2013, 2 months to go.  <_<

Just checked TI web site on my order status, they moved the date to 07/12/2013.   :angry:

Delivery date on mine was bumped to July, too. Bummer.

Btw (the real reason for posting); does anyone know what the Tiva E series is about? I noticed support for it when installing the latest version of CCS, and it also shows up here: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/CCS_UniFlash_v2.2_Release_Notes

Apparently it's also Cortex M, but I can't find anything else on it.

It's here! Precious! :wub:

post-339-14264605287357_thumb.jpg

The Tiva Launchpad is virtually identical with the Stellaris Launchpad, with the exception of the (IMO crappier) silkscreen and the chips:

post-339-14264605287747_thumb.jpg

The Tiva chip marking says XM4C123GH6PMI6 vs. the official TM4C123GH6PM designation, so I suspect that this is still preview silicon.

[edit] There is a difference: U4 and D2 (voltage regulator?) are not populated.

[edit2] Nope, according to the Stellaris Launchpad manual that was reset circuitry

Looks like there are additional lines to the USB connector - does that mean we finally get USB host/OTG?

Yes, from the Launchpad documentation

http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spmu296/spmu296.pdf

The TM4C123GH6PM target device is also capable of USB embedded host and on-the-go (OTG) functions. OTG functionality can be enabled by populating R25 and R29 with 0-Ohm resistors. These resistors connect the USB ID and USB V BUS signals to PB0 and PB1.

As for getting started for Stellaris veterans:

- Energia Blink sketch works without installing any additional software (rebuilding from latest source, as well as 0101E0009)

- My TivaWare folder is much smaller (2222 5775 files) than StellarisWare, but that might be because I installed a lot of additional crap :)

- The Tiva install package still includes CCS 5.2.1.0018, the installer still lists Stellaris instead of Tiva, so I did not bother to reinstall/update

- Quickly compiled an existing Stellaris project in CCS and launched debugger. Seems to be working fine too.

Any thoughts re CCS? Does the overall version indicate whether an included component was updated?

Edit: Downloaded TivaWare from here, which includes a bit more than the all-in-one "Tiva Launchpad" package.