43oh

Strange problem with stellaris launchpad... PORTB (PB6 and PB7) not working properly if PORTD is enabled!

Hi,

I am having a starnge problem with stellaris launchpad..

When PORTB is enabled and if I am writing 1 to pins, it is giving 3.3V.

BUT

when PORTD is also activated and not connected to anywhere and if I am writing 1 to all pins of PORTB,

the PORTB bits - PB6 & PB7 are not properly working, means their voltage is 2v only....

What would be the reason?

Here is my two codes...

ROM_SysCtlClockSet(SYSCTL_SYSDIV_2|SYSCTL_USE_PLL|SYSCTL_XTAL_16MHZ|SYSCTL_OSC_MAIN);

ROM_SysCtlPeripheralEnable(SYSCTL_PERIPH_GPIOB);
GPIO_PORTB_DIR_R = 255;
GPIO_PORTB_DEN_R = 255;
////IF I AM INCLUDING BELOW CODE, PORTB bits 6 and 7 is not providing enough output voltage!
ROM_SysCtlPeripheralEnable(SYSCTL_PERIPH_GPIOD);
GPIO_PORTF_DIR_R = 255;
GPIO_PORTF_DEN_R = 255;

If I am removing the last 3 lines of code, it works perfectly. I can read 3.3v from the P6 and P7 if I am writign to GPIO_PORTB_DATA_R.

So what is the relation between PORTD and PORTB?

Any internal short or damage to my chip? :o

When PORTD is clocked, I cannot obtain 3.3v at PB6 and PB7, all other bits are okay...

But this problem is there only when I am configuring PORTD along with PORTB, I tried PORTF and PORTB at a time but this time I have no problem...

Any idea?

Also if I am writing  GPIO_PORTD_DATA_R |= 1<<0;

Then the PORTB BIT 6 minimum voltage is as high as 2.3v

At that time if I am writing 1 to PB6 it becomes 3.2 and if writing 0 it gives 2.3 instead of 0V....

So I am totally confused! Dont know if my launchpad is damaged or not... But I am sure that I didn't used my launchpad much and there is no chance of any shorting the gpio externally by mistake...

Also if I am writing  GPIO_PORTD_DATA_R |= 1<<0;

Then the PORTB BIT 6 minimum voltage is as high as 2.3v

At that time if I am writing 1 to PB6 it becomes 3.2 and if writing 0 it gives 2.3 instead of 0V....

So I am totally confused! Dont know if my launchpad is damaged or not... But I am sure that I didn't used my launchpad much and there is no chance of any shorting the gpio externally by mistake...

Not damaged. The pins are shorted via a 0R resistor. See pg 9 of stellaris  user manual.

Capture.JPG