which compiler i should to Use ?

i used to compile using MikroC .. but know i cant buy it
so which other Compiler should i Use !

IAR
Keil
GCC
G++
CCS

and if i choose any one of them how to begin to know its syntax ? 

You can compile Stellarisware examples using any compiler. I have compiled them using CCS and GCC. CCS is easier to setup than GCC, but IIRC, it's only free (gratis) for TI DSKs, like the launchpad. I would only recommend the pay options, if you have the money to and already know how to use them. Also have in mind, with a little care, you can write code that builds properly in both CCS and GCC, so you can for example start with CCS, and switch later to GCC if it suits better your needs.

In case you want to give GCC under GNU/Linux a try, you can check the tutorials I wrote in my blog.

Are you talking about just the compiler, or about the compiler plus the development environment?

Background on my comments: I have not used GCC for the stellairs

I have used CCS version 5 with the included environment.

I haven't had much problem with the CCS complier

However it's integration into Eclipse (the environment) leaves a lot to be desired.

The documentation is also rather lacking.

CCS is a huge download

The environment makes a lot of simple things a lot more complex than they should be

(e.g. to turn on a compiler switch, e.g. to get a listing with assembler as well as C source, you have to dig through half

a dozen screens of checkboxes and dropdowns.  The documentation tells you what command line switch to use, but

there is no help to figure out where they buried it in the GUI.  So you get the worst of both worlds (arcane command line switch hidden

in a complex set of config screens)).

There are also multiple places in the GUI where you can define variables, some of the places will make a variable defined one place

look like it was defined in another place.  (Makes it harder to copy example projects - you can create something that looks identical to an

example, but doesn't work like it.)

CCS doesn't seem to understand the Stellaris libraries, headers, etc.  If you create a new project you have to manually

import the libraries you want to use.  (I am used to compilers where you tell them where the libraries are once and

then they keep using them).

CCS should also be a lot smarter about importing source code.  If I import a bunch of code which has directories named include (or inc)

and there are a bunch of .h files (in include directory, or otherwise).  It would make a lot of sense for the environment to suggest

putting those directories in the list of include directories, rather than just spewing a bunch of error messages about not being able

to find included files, and making me slog through a bunch of menu entries to type in the directory names.  (Even letting me select the include directories directly from the directory list would be some improvement.)

Exporting a project out of CCS is another difficult operation (a ton of options, and no guidance that I have found, still haven't licked that

problem).

The documentation is hard to search and seems to be missing a lot of basic content.  (Getting started, where to find options in the GUI,

particulars of the C dialect they use)

So while there are a lot of nice features in the environment - highlighting errors, showing macro expansions (though sometimes this

gets confused), source level debugger, etc.  But still has a lot of really rough edges, simple things that should be easy, but instead it makes them more difficult.

At the moment I am not sure whether time better spent wrestling with and trying to tame CCS, or trying to get GCC installed/configured/etc.

Don't mean this to be a rant, hope that it may provide some useful perspective.

At the moment I am not sure whether time better spent wrestling with and trying to tame CCS, or trying to get GCC installed/configured/etc.

Don't mean this to be a rant, hope that it may provide some useful perspective.

Be warned if you want to use GCC + Eclipse, you'll find most of the problems you were suffering with CCS, and some more, because some tasks are harder to set up. For example, you will have to manually enter arm-gcc specific compiler switches, debugger configuration is a bit tricky, etc. Once you have everything set up, there are no big differences between using GCC + Eclipse or using CCS. Maybe other open IDEs like Code::Blocks could ease some tasks like importing and exporting projects.

The big deal about using GCC + Eclipse, is it's "more standard". If you learn how to set it up for arm-gcc development, you'll have little trouble setting it for example for msp-gcc, m68k-gcc, or any other GCC variant.

I'd say go for CCS, just because the OP is a beginner. He'll not get very far with gcc and might get frustrated setting up paths, cygwin, command line compiles etc..

CCS has alot of UI boxes for different compiler options. He'll learn better if he uses it first and then moves to gcc.