43oh

A basic hardware source list

So, being a Jack of all trades, master of durn few, I'm wondering about setting up a collective list of common BoosterPack fabrication parts and their sources.

I've been out of electronics for too long, diddling in the commercial CAD world (for jewelers of all people).  Building prototype boosterpacks could be sped along for everyone if we had a collective source list of common parts; header pin blocks, jumper sets, screwed termination blocks, opto-isolators, yadda yadda yadda.  You can see my ancientness by my lack of familiarity with current terminology.

Anyhow, a list, maybe even with small pictures, part number and vendor/website.  Prices are too volatile to worry about.

Same could be said for sourcing out those companies that make your boards.  On some other "hobby specific" or "career specific" forums I have seen "straight shooter" or "valued vendor" listings helping the newcomer find a reliable and honest source of special services.

Anyhow, it's a thought, now it isn't causing me any more headaches.