nemetila

Using Stellaris Launchpad as a Thermometer

Thanks a lot for sharing, as a begginer (myself) it´s going to be a huge help, I´m using KEIL but it was very simple to port it, worked in the first try. 

:)

Simao

Thanks nemetila, for your code!

I hooked it up to a raspberry pi, and it has been measuring the temperature of my room more or less for two months now.

This is what it looks like now:

temp.png

Summer's almost over here! :)

Just a simple question which pop into my mind. Since we are using the internal temperature sensor here, wouldn't that display the core temperature. Then most probably it will show a higher value right? 

Just a simple question which pop into my mind. Since we are using the internal temperature sensor here, wouldn't that display the core temperature. Then most probably it will show a higher value right? 

You are right. The core temperature is higher than the ambient temperature because of the power consumption of the chip. That's why I used the hibernation module: in most of time the MCU is in hibernation.

Hi Mortiz, could you share the code you used to display the temperaturee values on your Bluetooth SPP terminal? I am trying to do the same thing on my stellaris but I'm running into a lot of problems