lawrence_jeff

Launchpad USB example and documentation additions/labs

I have figured it out, it only works when I connect to device. However when I run the gamepad example, the correct drivers dont seem to install. It shows up as Gamepad example, but gamepad drivers are not installed. 

Is this perhaps because the g_pSerialNumberString was already detected on my computer as a Volume control device?

many thanks

Jesse

Sometimes Windows does get confused. I thought I had some info in the document about that but don't have it in front of me. If you change the PID it should see it as a new device. (Shouldn't be necessary if you delete the device)

@@lawrence_jeff

thank you for the quick reply. I've changed the pid in usb_dev_custom_structs.c to USB_PID_GAMEPAD following the documentation and as well deleted the device but it still doesnt appear as a gamepad. The same happens when I load the usb_dev_gamepad project, the code will run, but incorrect driver.

Additionally, I plugged in the launchpad to a 'fresh' computer to see what driver it would install and the same thing happens.

Is there a way to force the right driver?

@@lawrence_jeff I figured I would try out the keyboard and mouse example to see if the proper drivers install. Following the documentation I made the changes to usb_dev_custom and usbhidcustom.c/.h. However, when I deploy neither does the computer install the correct drivers, nor does it send keyboard commands, what is sent is continuous volume 'UP' as seen on my pc.

When I try to run the usb_dev_KeyandMouse example a continuous alternating volumeUp volumeDown stream is sent. I dont know where In the code this is originating from...

any ideas why this might be happening?

many thanks

Jesse

@lawrence_jeff i've finally come back to working on the Lauchpad and have been very unsuccessful at getting the gamepad example running. 

In windows it still does not show up as a gamepad and does nothing when plugged in, and in linux when I push SW1 the volume increases/decreases very rapidly.  

I dont know why this is happening. I have attached usb_dev_custom.c as well as usbhidcustom.c and usbhidcustom.h. Would it be possible for someone to take a look and let me know what im doing wrong?

many thanks

Jesse

usb_dev_custom.c

usb_dev_custom_structs.c

usb_dev_custom_structs.h

usbdhidcustom.c

usbdhidcustom.h

Is there any other information I can provide in order to clarify where this problem is originating from? 

Is there alternatively another example program which sets up the LM4F120 as a gamepad? (I know there is an example from the TM4C123GXL, can this be compiled for the LM4F120?)

@@lawrence_jeff, @@Rhys

Hi guys and thanks for your work here. I know this is an old thread, but I've got a couple of question's and maybe you have the answers.

I've used the supplied code for building an arcade control encoder for a raspberry pie arcade cabinet. The controls consist of

2 classic arcade style joysticks and 14 buttons, 1 joystick and 7 buttons for each player. I've written the device report descriptor to send 2

report ID's 1 for each player. When I plug the encoder into a windows machine it enumerates as a game pad with 2 controllers

and everything works as expected. When I plug it into any of my linux machines including the rpi, the encoder enumerates and

everything works except for the x- , y- axis values. My first question do you have any idea what values are expected for the -x, -y?

In the device descriptor I've set logical minimum to -1, logical maximum to 1. I've set up my descriptor just like the example in the USB spec.

Also did either of you use the gamepads discussed above in a linux based system?

post-36-0-29026500-1485803065_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-72850500-1485803165_thumb.jpg

This is so close!

I am using the Stellaris Launchpad for this.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

thanks

Tim

@@lawrence_jeff, @@Rhys

Hi guys and thanks for your work here. I know this is an old thread, but I've got a couple of question's and maybe you have the answers.

I've used the supplied code for building an arcade control encoder for a raspberry pie arcade cabinet. The controls consist of

2 classic arcade style joysticks and 14 buttons, 1 joystick and 7 buttons for each player. I've written the device report descriptor to send 2

report ID's 1 for each player. When I plug the encoder into a windows machine it enumerates as a game pad with 2 controllers

and everything works as expected. When I plug it into any of my linux machines including the rpi, the encoder enumerates and

everything works except for the x- , y- axis values. My first question do you have any idea what values are expected for the -x, -y?

In the device descriptor I've set logical minimum to -1, logical maximum to 1. I've set up my descriptor just like the example in the USB spec.

Also did either of you use the gamepads discussed above in a linux based system?

attachicon.gifLP.jpgattachicon.gifcab.jpg

This is so close!

I am using the Stellaris Launchpad for this.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

thanks

Tim

Its been long enough that I would have to take a look to figure it out - can you post your code? Or email lawrence underscore jeff at hotmail.