43oh

Hello from Sweden!

Hi!

I'm a 38 year old system designer / embedded software architect by profession, right now looking for a suitable plattform for my next hobby project; a multi purpose reef aquarium monitor / controller. After comparing the Stellaris LP with the Arduino Mega and Arduino Due, the Netduino, and even the Raspberry Pi the Stellaris LP looks really promising (espessially more uarts and i2c).

I have done a few hobby projects recently, including a M16C-based pH-controller and monitor for my planted tank,  an Arduino-based clone 16 chn LED PWM controller with LCD and battery backup:ed RTC, and a 6 chn CAT4101-based high power LED-driver card. Next year's hobby project will be to do some more custom hardware and software for controlling and monitor my 1000 liter reef tank!

/Peter

Hi!

I'm a 38 year old system designer / embedded software architect by profession, right now looking for a suitable plattform for my next hobby project; a multi purpose reef aquarium monitor / controller. After comparing the Stellaris LP with the Arduino Mega and Arduino Due, the Netduino, and even the Raspberry Pi the Stellaris LP looks really promising (espessially more uarts and i2c).

I have done a few hobby projects recently, including a M16C-based pH-controller and monitor for my planted tank,  an Arduino-based clone 16 chn LED PWM controller with LCD and battery backup:ed RTC, and a 6 chn CAT4101-based high power LED-driver card. Next year's hobby project will be to do some more custom hardware and software for controlling and monitor my 1000 liter reef tank!

/Peter

Glad to have you here Peter!

Let us know if you have any questions. Also feel free to start a Project thread or a Blog on your Reef Tank Project. Do you have any pics of your tank?

Ordered my stellaris launchpads from ti the day before yesterday. Still no preliminary delivery date from them (Edit: is 31/12 2012), but the website says 4-6 weeks delivery time... I guess I will have to wait until after the christmas and new year holidays for my kits...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...