Lord anubis

Building (Driver)Lib's for release builds.

During the workbook and some own created test I notice that I have an lib thats build in debug mode. Thanks to the answer there and collecting the reading stuff, I did read a little about the ROM_xxxx, MAP_xxxx.

Anyway, I still would like to have the driverlib release build. Specialy during development, can allways later change the calls to ROM_functions. Is there a way, (a tut), to build this under window's. Knows a little about make and the makefiles under windows. Found some make stuff from arround 2003. Did found also at TI the BSD licened LM4 makefiles.

Don't have linux but do have osx, but would like to have it all on one ( win ) platform. There is a lot to read, and still orientating, but would like to be fruitfull asap.

Thank you.

There is not much to it on Windows - CCS.

1. Import the project.

driverlib_stellaris_launchpad_1_release.png

2. Goto Project settings and change to Release build. This should reconfigure the parameters for the entire library.

driverlib_stellaris_launchpad_2_release.PNG

3. Copy the .lib file from the /Debug folder and place it into your StellarisWare/driverlib/driverlib-cm4f/Release folder.

4. In your new project.. make sure you link the correct one in the linker options:

driverlib_stellaris_launchpad_3_release_linker.PNG

Thanx, stil confusing.

Just for my understanding, I see no change in the .lib. It is not rebuild. Also just a copy doesn't make it a release under BSD license?

Most of the time a debug lib is different in size then a release lib. right?

Also, shouldn't I choose in your last image the release version instead of the debug version?

Okay, still didn't work. The result libs where linked/wired to the original place and didn't get build. So the import/copy was not a real 'copy in workspace'. A bug? Anyway not what I did expected.

So, I did copy the stellaris folder to a different place, my work folder, did create a new workspace for Libs.

From there I did create a Project by importing the lib, build it and it was fine. Add in my other project under the linker search path the lib and search path and that went also fine.

I start thinking that there is a Stellaware install problem because I read more about missing parts and building problems. Is it a kind of install rights/privileges problem?

My XP ( VMWare fusion image ) is a fresh, clean install with only the TI stuff.

Sorry about the late response. Still a big thank you.

Compiling was oke, but at the end of linking, the (re)placing of the lib failed.

The path showed in the log where the lib will be placed was still in the C:/Stellaware/../... folder.

But it fails, nothing/no change to see there.

Actually I did expect that the lib files should be created somewhere in the Project folder.

Compiling was oke, but at the end of linking, the (re)placing of the lib failed.

The path showed in the log where the lib will be placed was still in the C:/Stellaware/../... folder.

But it fails, nothing/no change to see there.

Actually I did expect that the lib files should be created somewhere in the Project folder.

Could you post your screenshot of your Linker settings->File Search Path.

Also, a copy of the build log(console) in eclipse where you see the link error.