43oh

Change the site name.

IPS = ?

(Back when the board was to be about ARMs in general, I was going to suggest 

ARMpit - but the Scheme folks got there first.)

BTW I generally do have problems spelling Stellarisiti (e.g. when trying to find it without my bookmarks) -

keep wanting to make it Stellarisisti (extra s).

What is the derivation of Stellarisiti, anyway?

IPS = ?

(Back when the board was to be about ARMs in general, I was going to suggest 

ARMpit - but the Scheme folks got there first.)

BTW I generally do have problems spelling Stellarisiti (e.g. when trying to find it without my bookmarks) -

keep wanting to make it Stellarisisti (extra s).

What is the derivation of Stellarisiti, anyway?

Forum just went through an upgrade. I have to fix certain things.

Stellarisiti is Stellaris-City. Just add iti at the end of Stellaris.

• 2 weeks later...

"IPS Community" is the default banner for IPB board software (I've been an IPB admin for a donkey's years)

Interestingly, I initially read it as "Stellaristi" as in "Stellaris cognoscienti, Illuminati etc.", and typed it that way for weeks -- but I must have been consistently typo'ing it because I got here anyway. Then I figured out it was Stellarisiti, but couldn't decide if that was supposed to signify "Stellarisity" (the property of being Stellaris or stellaris-like) or Stellaris City. TI's video seminar pronounced it more like the latter, but it was subtle -- and who says THEY guessed it right? It's not a TI site

"IPS Community" is the default banner for IPB board software (I've been an IPB admin for a donkey's years)

Interestingly, I initially read it as "Stellaristi" as in "Stellaris cognoscienti, Illuminati etc.", and typed it that way for weeks -- but I must have been consistently typo'ing it because I got here anyway. Then I figured out it was Stellarisiti, but couldn't decide if that was supposed to signify "Stellarisity" (the property of being Stellaris or stellaris-like) or Stellaris City. TI's video seminar pronounced it more like the latter, but it was subtle -- and who says THEY guessed it right? It's not a TI site

Hahaha.. you are right.. It is pronounced as Stellaris-City.