43oh

Error initializing emulator: Error loading libdebug.so. Please make sure that the file exists

Hi I can program the stellaris using arm-none-eabi-xxx + lm4flash tool but yesterday I tried ccs in linux (90 days evaluation version).

But I couldn't communicate with the target board. I am getting the following error in ccs (GNU/Linux) while trying to debug the stellaris launchpad. Also I am new to eclipse environment...

Error initializing emulator:

Error loading libdebug.so. Please make sure that the file exists (/opt/ti/ccsv5/ccs_base/DebugServer/drivers/libdebug.so)

But the particular file exists in the same path...

Hi I can program the stellaris using arm-none-eabi-xxx + lm4flash tool but yesterday I tried ccs in linux (90 days evaluation version).

But I couldn't communicate with the target board. I am getting the following error in ccs (GNU/Linux) while trying to debug the stellaris launchpad. Also I am new to eclipse environment...

Error initializing emulator:

Error loading libdebug.so. Please make sure that the file exists (/opt/ti/ccsv5/ccs_base/DebugServer/drivers/libdebug.so)

But the particular file exists in the same path...

Looks like the installer had problems during install.

See this e2e TI thread.

Hi doragasu, really a great link. I tried that and it is working fine for the release with lm4flash. But the debugging is not working for me.

In commandline it is working after adding the xml file in the project folder and adding an additional line in the gdb prompt. But the same thing is not working in eclipse. This is the result when I am trying to debug.

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-exec-run

Error message from debugger back end:

Don't know how to run. Try "help target".

Don't know how to run. Try "help target".

I have CVS (5.2) debugging nicely on Linux. Not at the pc ATM so going from memory.

Start CVS from the command line and you get more debugging messages. Go to program the device then swap back to the shell window. For me there were 2 missing shared libs. A ftdi one (available from their website) and something like libusb-1.so. these both had to be 32 bit on my 64 but system.

After putting these in place the next error I had was regarding permissions so I had to create a udev rule.

Once I had done all this it all works great. I can program, single step and use breakpoints. The only issue I have is that if the launchpad is disconnected while debugging then ccs has a tendency to crash. Other than that its a dream and sooo much faster/smoother than I had under a vm.

Hope this helps.

Dan

P.s. forgot to mention that at I also had to create an XML file for the connection. Can't remember much on that though as basically cut and pasted from the web sonewhere