Sign in to follow this  
michalchovanak

Stellaris LaunchPad and servo control

Hi guys,

i want to make a little project to create a 360°photography tool. My dad has a brand new Stellaris Launch Pad LM4F120, so i want to make it with this piece of hardware. My idea is to control a servo (TowerPro MG995) that will rotate a white desk, where i will have placed for example a Phone. I need to program stellaris to rotate the desk for 22,5°then send a signal to a DSLR to make a photo, then rotate the desk further for 22,5°then make a photo and soo, till i get 16 photos of the phone so i can create a 360°photo.

I am new at ARM programing so i need your help to point me to some materials, where i can learn this stuff. Maybe some ol projects to control a digital servo.

Thx and hope somebody will answer :)

The problem with ARM development is that if you're looking for a huge support community similar to that of the Arduino, for example, then you'll be hardpressed to find it. It's nowhere near as prevalent in the hobby community as AVR/Arduino or PIC programming, but I'm happy to see that's slowly changing :)

I don't have a good example of servo control, but Texas Instruments has a very good library of tutorials and labs that you can access here:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Stellaris_EK-LM4F120XL_LaunchPad_Workshop?DCMP=Stellaris&HQS=StellarisLaunchPadWorkshop

Best of luck!