ntfreak

ICDI support in OpenOCD

we are hoping to have ICDI support within OpenOCD as soon as possible - we are in talks with TI about them releasing the ICDI spec.

Not ideal but it would be possible now to use OpenOCD, by connecting to a supported jtag adapter using the breakout connector

Cheers

Spen

we are hoping to have ICDI support within OpenOCD as soon as possible - we are in talks with TI about them releasing the ICDI spec.

Not ideal but it would be possible now to use OpenOCD, by connecting to a supported jtag adapter using the breakout connector

Cheers

Spen

Thant's good news spec... are you with the OpenOCD team?

Cheers

Spen

sure am

Do you need a kit to work with? I'll see if I can arrange one for you. It will have an ICDI of course. I'll be more than happy to help out if you keep us updated here at Stellarisiti.

Thanks, that would be good, however ICDI support will depend on ti releasing the spec.

Let me know via PM what details you need.

Cheers

Spen

Not sure it will be ready for the launch but we have received the info from ti with regards to the onboard ICDI.

I will say however adding support is not as trivial as I had hoped for.

Spen

Not sure it will be ready for the launch but we have received the info from ti with regards to the onboard ICDI.

Spen

Well it's good news that they released it to you. Take your time and glad you are working on it!

Spen

Can you release that info to the rest of us?

-rick

at the monent we are awaiting ti to sort the approvals out internally - they have asked me to not redistribute any info until that is sorted.

Spen

I have to applaud everyone for working together.

I'm a noob on these things and the last thing I would want to see is code that should work but doesn't due to someone rushing out the door.

It is really good to hear that TI has supplied the necessary information to make this possible. Looking forward to have ICDI support in OpenOCD at some point in the future.

Until openOCD gets direct support (Thank you Spen) there is a post on the TI wiki about how to debug from an external debugger. Any debugger that openOCD already supports and can do ARM M4 should work. This includes the older TI kits with FTDI based debug solutions. Not a perfect solution but hopefully this can help someone.

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Stellaris_LM4F120_LaunchPad_Debug_How_To