43oh

@cubeberg - can You confirm connections on "nonbooster" enc board?

CS - B5 (J1.02)
INT - E4 (J1.05)
SCK - B4 (J1.07)
SI - B6 (J2.07) - (or D0 - J3.03)
SO - B7 (J2.06) - (or D1 - J3.04)
RST - RESET (J2.05)

@xpg - spi memory on Your booster pack is necessary and used?

and without this the project will work?

reaper7 - those connections look correct.

BTW - I started looking at using the uIP examples for web requests (rather than a server) - apparently it's not possible to use DHCP and DNS - they won't compile and it's apparently a known issue. So I'm looking at using lwIP. There's an existing example project for another board (download the full stellarisware) as well as some changes to port lwIP for Stellaris/CCS. I have to figure out the ENC28J60 interface and get the demo working. I'll let everybody know if it works out.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, After a couple of hours of work porting the enc26j80 driver from my own mini ipv6 stack to uip, I have my enc28j60 booster pack working with the Stellaris Launchpad. The current example code i

Ok, this took a bit longer than I had anticipated, and there is a lot of room for improvements. I extended the example as suggested by BlueHash to be able to read and toggle the GPIO-pins via a web-b

hi,  i tried enc module but froze on "wainting for ip" Welcome ENC_ESTAT: 1 Econ: 0 Silicon Revision: 6

Posted Images

BTW - I started looking at using the uIP examples for web requests (rather than a server) - apparently it's not possible to use DHCP and DNS - they won't compile and it's apparently a known issue. So I'm looking at using lwIP. There's an existing example project for another board (download the full stellarisware) as well as some changes to port lwIP for Stellaris/CCS. I have to figure out the ENC28J60 interface and get the demo working. I'll let everybody know if it works out.

Ahh, that sounds very interesting. Looking forward to hear about your progress. If you need any help please let me know. I have had lwIP on my todo-list for a while, so maybe this is the occasion to start looking at it.

Would you be able to put comments on your enc28j60 driver? I'm reading through the data sheet, but a quick blurb on what each method in your code does would be really helpful (e.g. "reads specified # of bytes from the device into a buffer").

Sure, I will put in a couple of comments...

it's working :)

tnx!

I had a problem with read ENC mac but I found a locked "#if 0" printf MAC in enc28j60.c

Great. Good to hear. The MAC address is defined in main.c line 117. The ENC28J60 does not come preprogrammed with a MAC-address, so it is chosen by the software. The default MAC address I chose belongs to a vendor, which to the best of my knowledge, no longer produces ethernet hardware. However, feel free to adjust the address to your needs.

Would you be able to put comments on your enc28j60 driver? I'm reading through the data sheet, but a quick blurb on what each method in your code does would be really helpful (e.g. "reads specified # of bytes from the device into a buffer").

I have just pushed a new version to git, which contains a few more comments than before and some light cleanup. Hope it helps. Hopefully, I will soon have some time to take a lwIP myself.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I have thought about making an internet-of-things gateway for the nRF24L01+ modules ... IPv6 on one end, nRF24L01+ on the other, and Autoconfiguration would occur by way of mapping the 5-byte RF address for the nRF24 into the lower 64-bits of the IPv6 address (and use standard 64-bit subnets). So you could address individual nRF24 addresses by way of the IPv6 address.

Problem is nRF24 doesn't have a Source Address field for packets so you'd need to mandate a link layer protocol where the srcaddr is included in the packet payload...

But this concept could be extended to zigbee, BLE, etc. if it hasn't already (6LoWPAN is an implementation of this for 802.15.4)

I may consider this on my F5172 LP once I get it, if it has sufficient SRAM (2KB) to pull it off ... Otherwise this might just be a perfect use for the Stellaris LP.

Just a small update regarding lwIP. I just managed to get ping and the echo-server running. It turns out that running lwIP without an OS is actually quite simple.

There is still some way to go as I just wanted to get a connection established, but hopefully I will soon be able to share my code.

Awesome! I worked on it for a while but haven't had time lately. There is an example in stellarisware, but it's for the chips with ethernet.

Yeah, I considered using the lwIP code in Stellarisware as template, but I got confused by all the options and code. In the end it was quite easy getting it to work from scratch. It's probably not as fancy, but hey, it works :-)