Sign in to follow this  
SugarAddict

Received 2 Stella's, NOW TO DESOLDER THE HEADERS!

Why not use the dual male's you plan to solder in as a gender bender and plug them into the female already on Stella? No soldering and reversible.

Yeah, that was the plan for Board 1, Board 2 was going to get a header removal for a permanent fix... then oPossum mentioned in IRC that the C2K's are going to get the male/female headers also in the next revision... so now I'm wondering if I should just wait. Still annoying that there was a lack of standard on that.

I think they should do that, but don't have any inside info. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Having female on the bottom makes it less likely to short out or bend pins. It is also more versatile for stacking.

They should also create firmware for a low end Stellaris chip that can be FET/ICDI for 430, 2000, Stellaris and other TI chips.

create firmware for a low end Stellaris chip that can be FET/ICDI for 430, 2000, Stellaris and other TI chips.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all of TI's MCUs and DSPs support jtag debugging. So long as you get a reconfigurable jtag debugger you should be alright.

Right?

Some MSP430 are SBW only, and I assume Stellaris supports SWD.

Also there is no JTAG spec for programming and debugging, only boundary scan, and there is no universal host interface for JTAG.

Not a big fan of stacking headers, I prefer top male headers only (or unsoldered.)

My approach will be to cut off the wires and use vacuum pump or heat up header pins with the torch :)

BTW, are those headers hand soldered?

DSC_0751.jpg

This board is made in 2 layers?

Is there any possibility to disconnect debugging lines (TCK/TMS/TDO/TDI) from original one (on some nice way, without destroying anything), and connect them to another board?