opcode

Which STM32 Discovery kit do you have?

Which STM32 Discovery kit do you have?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, just want to know how many of you have the STM32 discovery kit. I currently have the STM32F0. Other than the floating point capability, what advantage does the F4 kit have over the F0?

I have the F4 kit.

The STM43F0 kit does not have the following:

• Audio
  • USB OTG
  • Accelerometer
  • ..and most important, hardware floating point(if you need it)

If you have the F0, it is a very good starter kit. If you wish to go up the ladder, the F4 kit is a good buy.

I've got the F4 (and the STM8) kits. I will get one of the F0 boards. My local supplier has a £20 minimum order so I'll wait and go for it when I'm after something else.

I've got the F4 (and the STM8) kits. I will get one of the F0 boards. My local supplier has a £20 minimum order so I'll wait and go for it when I'm after something else.

If you want to ship it to me(US). I can send one over to you at <USD5 shipping. Of course-no charge.

If you want to ship it to me(US). I can send one over to you at <USD5 shipping. Of course-no charge.

That's a nice offer, but I'm sure I'll get one soon enough. They're nicely priced over here (but a pity there's no freebies) and I'm not in a great hurry. I have a few MSP430 boards from the TIDeals that I haven't got round to using yet, so I'm trying to only buy things when I need them rather than collecting stuff because I think I might!

Gasp!

I wish they used the same distance between headers for all the discovery kits to make "shields" Having different sized boards makes it so difficult to use it on different boards of the same version.

Well, coming to think about it the F4 does have more pins than the F0.

Have your tried your gecko yet?

That's a load of STM32. Very good collection. How much does the gecko cost. I remember seeing a video on EEVBlog about its low power features.

If we're including other microcontrollers I wouldn't want to try setting up a photo. I can think of 6 Netduino (various flavours), 8 MSP430 and 3 STM boards I have lying around off the top of my head.

I'd guess that bluehash has a fair few too.