43oh

I am using a RG1602A 16*2 LCD display which is powered by an LED driver TLC5940nt.

MSP430g2553 is the microcontroller and also using the energia code. I don`t know the code to display a message on LCD display.

I know the code for connecting the LCD with the microcontroller but I don`t know how to use with a LED driver. Please help me out.

What do you want to do with the PWM unit?  (e.g. are you trying to put a variable voltage in to the backlight input on the display?

The display looks like a standard 16x2 character LCD (use LiquidCrystal library, or equvialent)

When looking for drivers, may help to search for HD44780 (this controller chip or similar are used in many such displays

The TLC5940 looks like a 16 channel PWM unit.  I would start by looking at Arduino libraries, such as:

http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/TLC5940

@spirillis- okay,, thanks!! 

@igor- I Just want to display a message in a LCD through an LED driver. The input is given from the microcontroller and the signal is sent through serial communication when an object is detected by an sensor.

I wrote the coding for the sensor and microcontroller, I do not know to assign LCD pins as there are connected to the LED driver.

@igor- I Just want to display a message in a LCD through an LED driver. The input is given from the microcontroller and the signal is sent through serial communication when an object is detected by an sensor.

Oh, I think I understand now, you are using the LED driver as a port expander to feed the inputs into the LCD?

One simple approach would be to create/use a library that allows you to turn on/off each pin on the LED driver.

Then modify the LCD driver of your choice, by replacing the pin on/off calls with calls to the library to toggle LED driver pins.

If wanted to get fancy, could think about how to use PWM functions, but timing might be an issue (unless you have enough control of the PWM that you can get several channels to output a synchronized wave-form.)

You might also look at how people have handled using a shift register (e.g.) as a port expander for running LCD on Arduino.