Fred

A new MSP430 coming [MSP432 ARM]

yes also I think some of the badges may have disappeared ... I didn't notice the TI badge on @@KatiePier 's post the other day either.

(edit: or maybe she didn't have it on her acct to begin with, can't recall)

I just enabled it right now. I forgot to enable it while the forums were being merged, to reduce any chance of errors.

Unpacking MSP432_Driver_Library it appears there are CMSIS Core standard peripheral structs and defines, which will make it easier for those of us who like to use the hardware directly bizarre union/bitfield structs and defines that make programming an ARM look sorta like programming an MSP430 but not really.  (Teach me to post before fully inspecting what's been given.)

Edited by pabigot

Unpacking MSP432_Driver_Library it appears there are CMSIS Core standard peripheral structs and defines, which will make it easier for those of us who like to use the hardware directly.

Glad to hear!

Out of curiosity, have you looked at the device header file? In there, not only CMSIS but also MSP-style definitions (e.g. #define TACCR0 0xHEX_VALUE) are available. Which one would you rather use for direct hardware access?