Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

Something on the blog page..

Below the block of ads on the right, there is a discount code for the LCR Meter Smart Tweezers.

If my math is right, it's 10% off. :D

We are close to getting our bandwidth for this year paid through by advertisers.

Really? So, start a web site, build up traffic on it, and make money on advertising? Really?

Really? So, start a web site, build up traffic on it, and make money on advertising? Really?

Hmm, don't see the problem with that. Most of the bandwidth is paid by us, and the advertising is catching up, but not by too much.

The additional advertising also gives you discount codes and exposure to new embedded products, like the recent Gabotronics and Smart Tweezers and not to forget the contest prizes, which in turn fuels members to share their projects. There is a lot of time spent behind the scenes to keep this place up. Some advertisers also give away their products instead of cash, so there is no monetary exchange. The product in turn goes to the members who have won by sharing their projects.

TL;DR We are not making any money off the website, in fact, so far advertising pays for less than 15% of all the costs - domain name renewals, hosting, time etc.

Ah! I see it now. I had to whitelist 43oh.com.

I'm sorry but I had to un-whitelist the site again. I started seeing all these flashy banners filled with half dressed girls on them.

I'm okay with text adds.

But I'm not okay with the flashy in-your-face click-me-because-I'm-a-female type of banner add.

Sign in to follow this