Sign in to follow this  
zeke

MSP430 Day Presentations

Hi Guys,

For those who could not attend the recent TI seminars on the MSP430 and the Stellaris, I found the webpage that lists all the presentations given on MSP430/Stellaris Day this past April.

Take a look here.

You want to read them before the end of May. ;)

Yes, you do!

By the end of May? Hmmm....

All I could find is that the price of the Chronos has been slashed from $49 to $25, but there is no reference to a time limit there, and I couldn't actually find one available anywhere for $25.

$25 definitely puts the Chronos into the "impulse purchase" category...

By the end of May? Hmmm....

All I could find is that the price of the Chronos has been slashed from $49 to $25, but there is no reference to a time limit there, and I couldn't actually find one available anywhere for $25.

Read the whole page slowly. It's there - twice!

*code valid thru 5-31-11

and

Codes will be live for a month after the event and will expire May 31st

Well, if anyone figures out how to get a chronos for $25 without actually going to one of the events I'd sure like to hear about it.

Page 86/94 of the 2011 MSP430 Day presentation is where you need to be looking. Note the Part Number.. The chronos discount is only for the 915MHz version.. Which is US only. However I have read on the TI site that the frequency can be reprogrammed.

The 868-MHz and 915-MHz watch hardware are physically identical and the radio frequency is software selectable so it's possible to switch frequency if necessary. However, the RF Access Points for the two respective kits are slightly different. The 868-MHz Access Point has a 0? resistor next to the antenna and the 915-MHz version does not. The 433-MHz kit is different than the other versions in both software and hardware.

Order placed.. Lets see what happens...

Thank you TI!

I've got my F5529 and RDK-S2E kits on the way.

Too bad they didn't have CCS in the offers this year. That's usually 50% off too. I guess I'll have to update my node-locked license to a floating license.