Sign in to follow this  
ClydeTombaugh

Output Pins Don't Work

Hi, I'm running Energia on Windows 7 x64.

My Launch Pad model is the MSP-EXP430F5529LP (25Hz)

My board's green LED will light up when connecting to the computer, the red LED will flash while compiling and all onboard LEDs and buttons function when programed. However, whenever I try to program output pins and connect the output in question to ground, I get no current out. I have plenty of experience with Arduino and all programs I write for the Launch Pad work for Arduino. The GND, 5V and 3.3V pins on the LaunchPad  all work fine. I have also used a number of sample programs, all to no avail.

Here is a schematic sheet for my model. http://energia.nu/img/LaunchPadMSP430F5529.jpg

Here is a quick program that I have written to demonstrate one way that I have been testing it.

const int led = 19;        // LED is hooked to P2.0 aka 19 with at 220 Ohm resistor and then connected to ground.

void setup()
{
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);

}

void loop()
{
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);  //LED should turn on and quickly flash off and on again
  delay(1000);              //I know for sure that the LED is not broken because I
  digitalWrite(led, LOW);   // repeatedly test it with my Arduino between compiling
  delay(500);               
}

I am not entirely sure I understand what you're telling us.

However, whenever I try to program output pins and connect the output in question to ground, I get no current out.

As I read it, you short your output to ground and then set the output to high. In theory there might be a current flowing, and there probably is some. But Since you created a shortcut, your controller might just reset or something the like.

@@ClydeTombaugh

I just tried your sketch on an F5529 here and it works.

Have you checked for voltage on P2.0 / pin 19 with the LED disconnected?

"const int led = 19; // LED is hooked to P2.0 aka 19 with at 220 Ohm resistor and then connected to ground."

Have you verified the LED is installed correctly? Try reversing the LED.