Sign in to follow this  
chicken

TI MSP430 New Year Deals, up to 60% off

Coupons for up to 60% off select MSP430 items in the TI Store:

http://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/msp430blog/archive/2015/01/02/msp430-deals-for-the-new-year-save-on-fram-launchpads-ir-boosterpack-and-more

60%: IR BoosterPack, MSP-FET Programmer

50%: Capacitive Touch BoosterPack, Sharp LCD Display BoosterPack

10%: FRAM LaunchPads and Experimenter's Board

The offer is good through January 8 or while supplies last.

Unfortunately, i just ordered my capacitive touch and IR booster pack few day before christmas (and all my other booster pack and launcpad for the year).

From what i saw in the datasheet, TI did a great job at simplifying IR. I never tought it would be that simple. Still haven't looked yet at capacitive touch module. Anyone here have played with capacitive module yet?

The MSP-FET looks very interesting to me....              60% off $115   is   $46 price for this?!?

>>>> Here is   A REQUEST FROM A KNOWLEDGEABLE USER please?

>>>>> Is this FET unit the latest / greatest MSP debug tool on available from Texas Instruments today ?

I've read the forum posts and FETs, in general, seem to get great ratings across the board / CCS compatible / etcetera.

( to self:    Is it time to buy an MSP-FET ?)

Cheers !

O

Yes the MSP-FET is the highest-end flash emulation tool for the MSP430 today. The reality is if you only need Spy-Bi-Wire, and don't care about selectable Vcc voltage levels, the FR5969 LaunchPad gets you 90% of the way there feature-wise.

Sent from my Note 10.1 tablet using Tapatalk

Thank you !

I did not realize this about the FR5969 launchpad, thanks.   <<< EDIT --- now checking that FR5969 !!!!! >>

Interesting for me. Variable Vcc.   Blow the fuse.    (Others TBD?).      Possible upgradeable with TI firmware (don't know).

So, the MSP FET it is at that price.    << but still checking the FR5969 >>>>

FWIW - to confirm other folks' observations:

- shipping cost is now included.     To bad, but it was bound to happen

- the discount code works - and deducts - right on the first page of ordering on MyTI

- I like the new look of the TI online shopping page.

Thanks you @@spirilis

O

I played with the CapTouch module on the Wolverine which the FR4133's is based on I think. It does a decent job simplifying captouch stuff IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

Strangly, i can't find document on their captouch module. If i search on google captouch msp430, it only spit out result about pcb design & RC technique for getting capacitive input.

Strangly, i can't find document on their captouch module. If i search on google captouch msp430, it only spit out result about pcb design & RC technique for getting capacitive input.

Read the user's guide for the chip family. If you're generally familiar with the timer peripherals et al it's not too complicated (although this might be all relative :D )

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

I know It's not a deal any more, but TI started to charge shipping for Launchpads/booster packs. So for Ireland it's $21. They still don't charge for samples, though.