43oh

I need help MSP430g2553 Web Server with ENC28j60 at IAR Embedded Workbench

Hi, everyone. I want to do a light web server (show temperature value and port control) with MSP430g2553 and ENC28j60 Breakout Module. At this forum, there are many examples about this issue using Energia lib. But I want to use IAR Embedded Workbench as IDE, not using Energia lib.So probably MSP430 and ENC28j60 communicate using SP?. How I do this project at IAR Embedded Workbench.Thank you :)

- First, when switching from energia to more serious environment, don't just try to use a library and say its done. YOU HAVE TO LEARN YOUR MCU! Don't expect to be able to do anything if you don't take time to learn your mcu.

- Second, once you learn your mcu, and there is a library you want to use, why not just looking at the inside of the library you want to use. Once you understand what happen in your mcu, the library is not chinese anymore. In fact, library don't do dark magic, it just manipulate peripheral register. If you understand the library, you can fix it when switching from compiler to compiler.

Also, if you want to get it more easier, because you are pretty new to all this, why not using a chip that would offload the work of your mind and the mcu? (Easier to use and less work for the mcu). There is serial -> ethernet chip. You can use those without a library. Especially if you use a g2 series, very low amount of ram and processing power. I don't know if wiznet has anything like that. With a low level chip like the enc28j60, you have to make lot of thing, because the chip do almost nothing, just the physical layer.

Edit : It seem serial <-> wifi is more common than Ethernet <-> wifi

TI supports IAR with the G2553, and they have quite a few examples for code. What will be important is if the ENC28J60 has support in the IAR compiler. If it doesn't, you'll have to work out how to port code from whatever compiler does support it to IAR.

You might consider using Energia to develop, then import the sketch into CCS6, and then modify that as needed for IAR.