43oh

TI now charging for shipping on eStore orders?

This coincided with a new eStore feature- you can now order many (most?) TI chips directly now including some not carried by Mouser et al. Then again I think they just use digikey on the backend so perhaps they had to get rid of free shipping as part of the "deal" lest they compete with their own distributors.

That's my theory anyhow.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

PS- Didn't know about this before, @@Rickta59 mentioned it on IRC, but Digikey will give you free shipping to USA and Canada addresses if you pay via check or money order:

http://www.digikey.com/en/terms-and-conditions

6. Shipping Charges. Except as otherwise provided on the Site, (1) shipping or freight charges and insurance will be paid by the customer*, (2) all sales are made FOB Digi-Key's warehouse in Thief River Falls, MN, USA, and (3) shipping or freight charges from Digi-Key's warehouse in Thief River Falls, MN, USA are prepaid and added to the invoice, billed collect or billed to a third party. Shipping Cost Estimator

* When a check or money order accompanies your order, Digi-Key pays all shipping and insurance (our choice for method of shipping) to all addresses in the U.S. and Canada.

I tried paying Digikey with a cheque once. The customer service agent thought it would be okay but when she attempted to make that happen she discovered that these alternatives are not available to Canadian customers. ;-(

that's weird, they need to update their website!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

Another thing I'm wondering about the new way the estore do shipping is importation fee. I live in canada, and since they ship from US, will I get importation tax? There is no estore canada. I can ship to canada, but there is not a canadian section to the website.

Probably not depending on the item, but I hear fedex and ups brokerage fees at customs are rediculous. Generally speaking, I havent heard anything about the new estore orders falling prey to those.