43oh

CC3200 in AP mode issues with ScanNetwork

Hi Guys,

Robert, I need some assistance, You mentioned in (https://github.com/energia/Energia/issues/414) that an example of using AP would be to use it to connect to a WLAN. Now your ScanNetworks example works perfectly, but I'm finding that when connected as an AP the function returns 0.

What would the easiest work around be? I can't imagine disconnecting as an AP to scan would be helpful.

Thanks,

Abrie

As far as I can tell from the SimpleLink API's you have to be in station mode to be able to scan for networks. This makes sense given that the radio would have to "tune" to each channel and listen for beacons. This is exactly what the provisioning_ap example that is included in the CC3200 SDK does. It boots up as station, scans the networks, switches to AP mode and displays the networks found on a webpage. It's not clear to me why you would want to scan networks when you are in AP mode. Could you please explain what you are trying to accomplish?