Sign in to follow this  
Icion

CC3200 and SimpleWebServerWIFI issues

• CC3200 LAUNCHXL v4.1
  • ENERGIA 0101E0013
  • WINDOWS 7

Hi Guys,

So I just got a few CC3200 Launchpads to do some prototyping on.  Ultimately I would like to be able to connect onto the Launchpad without having to first go through my router. But I digress...

I've been running the SImpleWebServerWIFI sketch from Energia. It works as expected when I have my computer with Chrome accessing it, But as soon as I connect with my Android phone(4.4.2) and chrome(v39.0.2171.59) and press a button the unit freezes up.

Attempting to connect to Network named: WNL108
You're connected to the network
Waiting for an ip address
IP Address obtained
SSID: WNL108
IP Address: 192.168.1.11
signal strength (RSSI):0 dBm
To see this page in action, open a browser to http://192.168.1.11
Starting webserver on port 80
Webserver started!
new client
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.11
Connection: keep-alive
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; D6503 Build/17.1.2.A.0.314) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.59 Mobile Safari/537.3 

As I initially said I would like to be able to connect directly to my CC3200 device. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Guys,

Just an update, got it working on Android smartphones. It seemed that the buffer length was too small, by increasing it to 300 it started working. i.e. char buffer[300] = {0};

My iPhone 5 however does not trigger the while (client.connected()) event, so that's a new problem on its own.

Hope it helps.

P.S> I also got the AP working which includes the LED toggling thanks to Energia.