KentJonathan

TI no longer offer free shipping?

Good Day everyone,

When I go to TI estore to purchase items, I realise that TI started charging for shipping and handling. Feeling curious when TI start charging for shipping. Does this happen to you guys too? 

Regards,

Unfortunate about the shipping. But interesting new website, love the design.

Does it look like they're shipping ICs now!! It's like they're doing what microchip does with microchipdirect.

I'd imagine the occasional coupons they do on dev tools _COULD_ come with free shipping. For Australians the shipping doubles the cost for launchpads. Ironically this finally makes it cheaper to buy them locally :P

Same in the UK - shipping on a single LaunchPad is $14. (Same for 2 though.)  I was proud of myself for resisting an impulse purchase of a FR4133 LaunchPad a while ago. Now I'm regretting it!

:angry: Great, $21 for shipping to CZE and prices for individual MCUs are not much better. I can get MSP430G2253 TSSOP28 from Farnell for half the price with much cheaper shipping.

Huh, well that's unfortunate.  Looked up some chips too ... Their prices are exactly the same as Mouser, except $7 shipping from TI is more than mouser's $4.99 option.

(I wonder if the big change here is that they are *using* mouser, or digikey or some similar distributor for their fulfillment now)

Huh, well that's unfortunate.  Looked up some chips too ... Their prices are exactly the same as Mouser, except $7 shipping from TI is more than mouser's $4.99 option.

(I wonder if the big change here is that they are *using* mouser, or digikey or some similar distributor for their fulfillment now)

Every sample part (2 or 3) have all come from Digikey's Fort Worth address. Packaged just like digikey stuff too. So I thought they already did, just had a large budget allowance for their fedex account.