Sign in to follow this  
tripwire

PM system - can't save draft messages

I just tried to send a PM and got an error saying "The member [...] cannot receive any new messages. This personal message has not been sent". That's probably because their messagebox is full or disabled. Fair enough.

Anyway, I then tried to save the message to send later and got the exact same message. The message didn't save to the drafts folder. Removing the member name doesn't help either (gives a message saying it needs to be specified).

I'm not sure what's going on here. Perhaps the "Save (Send later)" button is actually trying to send the message. If not then the save function is doing a bit too much validation before it lets you save, and the error message is misleading (should say "not saved" instead of "not sent").

I'm guessing this is an IP.Boards issue, but they don't let you read posts on their support forum without a client account :(

I just tried to send a PM and got an error saying "The member [...] cannot receive any new messages. This personal message has not been sent". That's probably because their messagebox is full or disabled. Fair enough.

Anyway, I then tried to save the message to send later and got the exact same message. The message didn't save to the drafts folder. Removing the member name doesn't help either (gives a message saying it needs to be specified).

I'm not sure what's going on here. Perhaps the "Save (Send later)" button is actually trying to send the message. If not then the save function is doing a bit too much validation before it lets you save, and the error message is misleading (should say "not saved" instead of "not sent").

I'm guessing this is an IP.Boards issue, but they don't let you read posts on their support forum without a client account :(

@@tripwire, I'm checking this out.