Sign in to follow this  
zeke

Wishlist Items

Dear Saint TI,

I wish for the following devices for Christmas:

1. An external FRAM memory chip with either an I2C or an SPI interface that is 2MB or more in size and costs ~$10.
  2. A TivaC device that has a USB port, 512KB FLASH, 128KB SRAM and has a 48 pin QFN that costs ~$1.00.
  3. A TivaC device that has a USB port, an Ethernet Port, 4 Serial Ports, Bags of FLASH and SRAM and costs ~$6.
  4. A webserver backend development environment that would allow me to create a custom database backend for me to send all my sensor data to.
  5. A webserver front end development environment that would allow me to create a custom user interface for people to view all the sensor data.
  6. ...

Nope. I'm not smoking weed. I'm just wishing out loud.

What is on your wishlist?

Dear Saint TI,

I wish for the following devices for Christmas:

3. A TivaC device that has a USB port, an Ethernet Port, 4 Serial Ports, Bags of FLASH and SRAM and costs ~$6.

Not quite what you asked for, but have you considered the EMW3162. 

STM32 (rather than Tiva), Wifi (rather than Ethernet).  Cortex M3 (STM32F205RG).

Looks like it could be a less expensive ($8.50), more powerful (120MHz, 1M byte of Flash, 128k bytes) alternative to the CC3200.

(Not on my wish list, just looked interesting.)

My wish list would include a personal IOT cloak of invisibility (and give one to everyone).  Make all the things that are being forced upon us which report our every action and movement ignore me.  (Block/opt out of Smart meters, Vehicle to Vehicle communications, iBeacon, Wifi tracking, video surveilance, blocking online tracking, ....  Oh yes, also turn off all robocalls/phone advertisers/political calls/etc. (e.g. give me the option to block calls originating on particular continents, or charge the caller for my services in receiving such calls at a rate that I set))  i.e., privacy, the right to be let alone.

My wishlist would be:

1.  A better-organized website, and one where URLs don't change on a regular basis

2.  Forums using software that doesn't suck.

3.  Better documentation and more sample code.

4.  Any documentation or sample code for the new msp430 gcc compiler.

5.  Libraries that aren't bound by license restrictions.

6.  More hobbyist-friendly packages (28/38 pin DIP for the G2 and 0.65 mm pitch SMD parts or affordable break-out boards in the estore)

@@rockets4kids

1. URL changes are a PITA indeed.

2. True, I am registered, but the sluggish design kept me from actually using my account there.

3. What do you mean? I love the TI msp430 user guides!I think they are the main reason that I even use their microcontrollers!

4. That's up to the msp430 gcc team, which is not (is it?) TI itself.

5. Open libraries (CC, LGPL, Apache, Mozilla, etc) would be nice indeed, commercial restriction is a bummer.

6. You mean you don't like QFN48 packages?! :wink:

I guess some clarification is in order with regards to documentation and sample code.  The documentation and sample code for the msp430 is indeed quite good.  I was really referring to the rest of TI's micro=controller offerings here.

As to the new GCC port, it is not entirely clear who is doing what.  RH is doing the compiler, one team in TI is doing integration in CCS, and another team is doing header files.  It is not clear if anyone has been tasked with documentation.