43oh

CC3200 pin outs / mapping for Serial / UART

I am trying to make sense of the pin outs / pin mapping for the cc3200. In particular I am trying to understand the logic behind the RX/TX, RX(0)/TX(0), RX(1)/TX(1) and then the faded out RX(1)/TX(1) pins for UART.

It's easy enough to verify that "Serial.[method]" references RX/TX pins and "Serial1.[method]" references RX(1)/TX(1) pins.

So what about RX(0)/TX(0) pins and (what appears to be) the faded RX(1)/TX(1) pins. How are these referenced.

Then a secondary question. Is it possible to use the TI Pin Mux application to define pins and link this to Energia. I am a little disappointed to see that the default pin out map for cc3200 has the I2C SDA/SCL pins overlapping with RX(1)/TX(1) pins, so wanted to know if I am able to change this using the TI Pin Mux App.

The faded out versions indicate connections which require changing the connections - usually soldering in a jumper (0 ohm resistor).

(i.e. there is a circuit trace to make most of the connection, but need to bridge the gap.)

http://forum.43oh.com/topic/5842-cc3200-launchpad-pins-map/

If you want to be sure, you can also check the schematic (available as part of the CC3200 SDK).

• 1 month later...