43oh

Howdy all,

Excited to say I started a kickstarter for my Reflow Oven Controller: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1070729460/zallus-oven-controller

Been working on these guys for quite a while now and would finally like to produce them in bulk. Sorry, no MSP430 =( Needed more beef & features at a lower price.

That look really nice. I'm part way through my own reflow controller, but I've got so many things on that maybe I'll skip it, go for one of yours and get on with something else instead. I'll check it out more thoroughly before jumping in.

Your timescales are very optimistic. Funding on 9th November and first deliveries in November. Is that realistic?

That look really nice. I'm part way through my own reflow controller, but I've got so many things on that maybe I'll skip it, go for one of yours and get on with something else instead. I'll check it out more thoroughly before jumping in.

Your timescales are very optimistic. Funding on 9th November and first deliveries in November. Is that realistic?

Yes, for overseas shipping that probably will not happen. For US based shipping, it shouldn't be an issue. I'll be sure to note that and thanks for the feedback!

Hey rampadc,

Thanks for your interest. It is my intention to sell afterwards which a course is the whole point of kickstarter. However, the cost I cannot say until after i've shipped out a bunch of units to get a feel for the true cost of the units. There are many many costs you don't think of when initially creating a BOM on paper. Anyhow, i'm hoping it will be near the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like I'll have to take that back! I'm very impressed that you're shipping already.

Even with customs hold-ups you might get the international ones by then end of the month too. I'm hoping you managed to get them under the customs limit (as per our PM discussion) but no worries if you couldn't.

@@kodi I definitely underestimated his skills as a Kickstarter Ninja. :ph34r:

I hope mine arrives soon too. I've booked next week off work for some geek time. With a bit of luck I'll get my oven up and running near the start of the week and have some board going through it by the end.

The only distraction might be this Kickstarter that's also on the way!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wowlabs/real-fx-radio-control-car-racing-system-with-ai