Sign in to follow this  
MikeSchem

Using a Camera with the CC3200

I would like to use a camera with my CC3200 and transmit the feed over WiFi using enregia.  Has anyone done this before?

I fount a Booster pack for the camera here, but it doesn't seem to be out yet.

I am also found the MT9D111  which seems to be the camera to use with the booster pack.

As far as code, I don't see anything in the energia references for image processing.

From what I can tell, the camera will output a binary stream which is your JPEG image, when you request it to take a photo. So you just need to the push that binary array over WiFi in response to a HTTP request? Or you could get up a webserver and the CC3200 could perform a POST containing the data.

anybody figured this out?

It depends entirely on what camera module you pick.

Alot of the cheap ones internally encode the image as a jpeg and then you serially extract it as a binary stream. These cameras are only really useful for stills, or a few fps.

More expensive modules, or ones like the raspberry pi camera have a mush more advanced interface, due to the need for a high speed interface to transfer high quality images at reasonable framerates.

Pick your camera, then read it's datasheet, it should explain it all.