Sign in to follow this  
abecedarian

TI now will require .EDU or corporate Email addresses for samples.

I got the normal email but also a specific one about my domain. I emailed the TI store support email and they said my domain would be fine... We'll see. Not like I need anything right now.

Yeah I think that there is just a lot of chatter right now, it will eventually work itself out. TI in general seems pretty fair about these things. I can't blame them for trying to prevent abuse, the pendulum is just on the far side right now, it will come back

I've ordered sample fairly recently using a gmail account and not had problems. Maybe that was just before the changes took place? Or maybe it's because I've also bought quite a few things from the TI eStore?

I sent an email to the folks at the TI store and I got a reply back from them today:

We apologize for this error and we want to let you know that you can continue to request free samples from the new TI Store using your myTI account email address

I bet their scanner program just looks for google's email details in the DNS MX setting and thus they couldn't tell the difference between regular gmail and Google Apps for Business.  

I use Google Apps for Business to handle my email.

I just got the email today that my .edu email account can still be used to obtain samples after getting the earlier email the other day saying that it could no longer be used.