Sign in to follow this  
Stunts1337

CC3000 to CC3100/CC3200

Hi guys, I am working on a project and am in need of a second WiFi booster pack for my MSP430f5529LP.

I have been using energia code as a base for my project and it has been working great, but I recently decided I need a second MSP + BoosterPack.  Anyways, the TI store doesn't seem to be offering the CC3000 booster pack right now so I am wondering how easy it is to make my cc3000 code compatible with the cc3100 or cc3200 BoosterPack.

Does anyone have experience with this upgrade?

Thanks for the information.

The new Energia 13 release adds a "WiFi" api that is CC3100/3200 only and I believe it's compatible with Energia's old SimpleLinkWiFi library. Beyond that I'm not sure how compatible the C APIs are since I never ended up working with my CC3000. It's not rocket science, although reading the innards of TI's SimpleLink API seems to be :P

(PS- Energia 13's WiFi lib has bugs but they can be remedied by snagging the current 'master' github code from the Energia project, more on that later)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4