43oh

ESI Project: Water Usage Monitoring

Just an update.

I feel bad about not doing more, more quickly.

Some Hall effect sensors are inbound; a few different types. I'll be evaluating if more than one sensor in the flow meter increases sensitivity to flow and/or accuracy in flow measurement then will proceed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting project, I'm actually doing something similar with cc110l and msp430G2553. I call it "droplet". It runs off of a cr2450 battery, sleeps most of the time then wakes up sends measurements t

Thanks!   A toilet flush is usually 3gpm for about 40 seconds, some of the other pulses are me running water at the sink while washing dishes.  The very small 0.06 gpm pulses are probably error.  Th

@@spirilis I can send you mine.

Posted Images

Thanks!

A toilet flush is usually 3gpm for about 40 seconds, some of the other pulses are me running water at the sink while washing dishes.  The very small 0.06 gpm pulses are probably error.  The way that my algorithm works is that it detects a minimum and maximum field over a very long amount of time, then calculates the halfway point as a threshold.  It then counts the number of times that the field has a rising edge through that threshold.  Sometimes the field just oscillates at very low frequency and creates these pulses. I have no idea if it is a small water leak or just some other external field.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there (addressing anyone with a PZ100D and FR6989) - Any chance I could borrow a PZ100D target board + FR6989 chip for a few months? I won't need the MSP-FET (already have one) but I am working on an alternate Arduino core based on the RedHat GCC implementation and I'd like to validate the FR6989 support. I can pay cost of shipping to/fro.

Sent from my Note 10.1 tablet using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Still in limbo on the sensors. Seller hasn't shipped them and every contact turns into a "I do you good thing and send extra." thing. Have opened a case with both eBay and PayPal so we'll see. By the way, avoid eBay seller "tinxi-clothes" if you have the option. They're rated 98.8% but these are the people screwing me around for about $3 USD.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting! I'd almost forgotten this. Turns out that I'm pretty much arsed out. With eBay and PayPal splitting, and it being so long since this happened, I've no recourse. Even the bank won't touch it. How fortuitous for "tinxi-clothes". At least it was only a couple dollars.

The goal has changed a bit- I find I have to send the nephew back down to take a longer shower 'cause he's afraid to use too much water so doesn't get clean. :wacko:

I feel bad that it's taken this long to get anywhere but I'm hoping it won't be much longer.

They're rated 98.8% but these are the people screwing me around for about $3 USD.

I wonder if some eBay sellers rely on the fact that people won't bother about $3. I've had a few $0.99 items not turn up (usually as part of larger order) and make a point of following it up for this reason.

I wonder if some eBay sellers rely on the fact that people won't bother about $3. I've had a few $0.99 items not turn up (usually as part of larger order) and make a point of following it up for this reason.

That's possible. But this is also why I've no problem calling them out by name here so others might learn from my situation.