43oh

[ ENDED ] June 2011 - 43oh Project of the Month Contest

The May-June 2011 - 43oh Project of the Month Contest  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

May_2011_Project_of_the_month_xprotolab.jpg

Entry to the May 2011 contest is open. This is an opportunity for you to show off what you can do with the MSP430. The 43oh community forum has been growing both with good discussions and members. The project section of the forum as well as the Blog has a lot of project ideas you can base your submission on. Feel free to ask questions about the project on the forum.

Previous Contests

November 2010 --[Announce] [ Winner]

December 2010 --[Announce / Winner]

April 2011 --------[Announce / Winner]

Last Date for entries:

24th May, 2011.

Prizes:

Winner : Gabotronics has graciously donated a Xprotolab Mixed signal oscilloscope.[Gabotronics].

Runner up : SugarAddict has been kind enough to donate a pristine unopened EZ430-RF2500 kit.

Third Prize: TopHatHacker has been also been kind enough to donate a Capacitive boost kit.

Thanks to you all for sponsoring this month's contest giveaway.

Preview of the Gabotronics Mixed Signal Scope:

To submit your entry, make an entry into this thread with the following:

1 - A small description of your project.

2 - A picture or video of your setup

3 - Code.

4 - Schematic(rough/hand drawn is fine as long its legible)

About judging the winner :

A week before the contest ends, a poll will be created with all the project entries. Only members of the forum will be allowed to vote.

The contest will roll over to the next month if there are fewer than 5 projects(four or less).

A few simple rules to follow:

- You must be a member of the 43oh forum at least a week before your submission.

- One entry from each member will be permitted.

- Your project can be anything based around the MSP430. You may interface the MSP430 to another controller.

- You may reuse code from anywhere as long as you give credit to the original author.

- You must submit code and schematics of your project with a proper description.

- You can submit your MSP430 project, even if it was created before the annoucement of the contest.

- You must have at least 5 posts in the forums, for your entry to be considered when the voting begins.

- A member is free to modify his/her code to perfection, till the closing date, as long as the original entry is not change.

For eg: If a member submits "Launchpad controlled Space Shuttle", he/she can modify code, schematics and hardware and improve upon it till the closing date. But a change in project to "Launchpad controlled Robot" will not be allowed. Hopefully this will encourage members to post their projects early and not play the waiting game.

----------------------------------------------------

Entered projects:

[1]Persistence of vision on a diet - POV MSP430 [EngIp]

[2]RGB color matching game with sound [lpdc]

[3]Consumer IR (CIR) capture [oPossum]

[4]DC Motor PWM Control [Astrom27]

[5]Inverted Pendulum [juani_c]

[6]Bouncing LED with LCD [neutron]

[7]DTMF Controlled Garage Door Opener [gordon]

[8]Slot Cars Lap Counter/Timer [V0JT4]

[9]MIDI Lights Controller [Robg]

----------------------------------------------------

Winners:

First prize : MIDI Lights Controller [Robg]

Second Prize : DTMF Controlled Garage Door Opener [gordon]

Third Prize Shared by:

Slot Cars Lap Counter/Timer [V0JT4]

RGB color matching game with sound [lpdc]

To all the participants, thank you for taking the time and effort. There is always a next time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To measure the CIR carrier frequency, each individual pulse of IR must be detected. Common IR demodulator modules can not do this - they respond to a burst of IR, not each pulse.   There are parts m

As this was suggested to me last month, I will try and submit my color matching game. As it is a beginner's first project, I am not sure if it is really worthy to be featured in a contest but you neve

Here's my project, don't have any pics or videos of it in action yet, will post some ASAP. I am using some of RobG's LCD code:http://www.43oh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=540 I found a 35-bit l

Posted Images

I think you should disallow any entry that makes use of stuff that nerds like us would be distracted by ie: Star Wars music, Princess Leia Bikini's, Boobs or any other sort of Nerd Temptations.

I mean, who wouldn't vote for an MSP430 blinky light project if the LEDs were in Princess Leia's top?!?

What's that supposed to mean???

Below the belt :D

Just joking, I will be hi-jacking some of your MIDI stuff, great job.

Speaking of MIDI, the capacitive touch sensing capability of msp430 paired with keyboard/controller made out of etched PCB would make a great project. It could be a standard keyboard with velocity or something a la KORG Kaoss.

Speaking of MIDI, the capacitive touch sensing capability of msp430 paired with keyboard/controller made out of etched PCB would make a great project. It could be a standard keyboard with velocity or something a la KORG Kaoss.

I actually was thinking about doing a midi controller like the KORG Kaoss. I was going to use an old laptop trackpad. I hit some bumps along the way, and gave up on it a little too quick. If you were to use the new captouch stuff with your own pcb, that would be pretty impressive.