bluehash

Ti-eStore Back to School Deals - MSP-FET + Launchpads

http://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/msp430blog/archive/2014/08/20/back-to-school-deal.aspx

MSP-FET  New, fast, EnergyTrace-enabled programmer/debugger for all MSP430 MCUs   50% off  MSPSCOOL1

MSP-EXP430FR5969 The lowest-power LaunchPad kit 35% off  MSPSCOOL2

MSP-EXP430G2 Features a DIP for easy bread-boarding 20% off  MSPSCOOL3

MSP-EXP430F5529LP Offers expanded memory and input/output pins 10% off  MSPSCOOL4

The EnergyTrace support is what would make it attractive to me compared to the onboard programmers.

I'm really enjoying it on the FR5969 LP and want to use it on 2553s.

I'm making a happy assumption that this can be interfaced to a MSP430G type launchpad.

The EnergyTrace support is what would make it attractive to me compared to the onboard programmers.

I'm really enjoying it on the FR5969 LP and want to use it on 2553s.

I'm making a happy assumption that this can be interfaced to a MSP430G type launchpad.

You should be able to attach the FR5969 programmer to your 2553's and use the standard energyTrace features. (overall system consumption.)

However the new MSP430FR5969's have dedicated hardware to allow individual module (RTC/Timer_A/ADC) state viewing, part of EnergyTrace++, This is unavailable on older parts like the G2553

But yes the MSP-FET will program your G2553's and you should be able to monitor current consumption.