43oh

Downloading a pre-complied sketch

• 2 weeks later...

G'day,

After a lot of playing can finally send a compiled Energia HEX file to the F5529 using MSP430 Flasher. But have the following observations  that need clarifying as I feel they are bugs either in Energia or the TI Flasher utility.

I am using Flasher 1.3.1 and Energia 0101E0012  if I flash the F5529 after I have used Energia to upload a sketch, Flasher  states the firmware is out-of-date.  After allowing Flasher to upgrade the firmware, if I then want to upload a sketch from Energia, Energia complains and wants me to use

G'day bobnova,

The problem I'm addressing is when a customer requires an upgrade, either to fix a bug or to add an additional design feature. I want to be able to email a hex file and a bat file. At the moment I only have two choices; return the unit for me to upgrade, or install energia and  supply the latest source sketch.

Maybe an older version of Flasher may suit Enegia 12, so will give that a shot today.

It appears Energia 12 does not have the latest firmware. If I use Flasher version 1.2.3 the firmware checking works OK. But using Flasher version 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 I get the firmware out of date problem.

So now I can email a client with a bat file and  a hex file, that allows him upgrade his system, without ever seeing the source code or having to install energia plus the custom libs.

What I was thinking is write the program and make the hex in Energia, then flash it with Flasher before you send it out so that you can send them the hex and flasher and .bat later.

Now that you've found a version of flasher that works after Energia runs the flash, that is even easier.

G'day,

A small point to watch is the -e trigger for erasure of eeram.

The ERASE_MAIN does not work correctly as it erasures all the EERAM, just like the default ERASE_ALL. A bit of a problem if you store defines in flash. I got around the problem by letting the sketch check for 0xFF's and then loading the info segment with defaults, or allow the client to fill it in on the first boot after a new program load.