RobG

New BoosterPacks - CC3100 & CC3200

In the past I used to program Tiva C Series with CC3000. But CC3000 is no longer manufactured. Is the code the same if cc3100 is used instead of cc3000?

Is it neccessary to buy the CC31XXEMUBOOST , if I just want to use cc3100 at the exact same way to use cc3000?

In the past I used to program Tiva C Series with CC3000. But CC3000 is no longer manufactured. Is the code the same if cc3100 is used instead of cc3000?

Is it neccessary to buy the CC31XXEMUBOOST , if I just want to use cc3100 at the exact same way to use cc3000?

It is basically necessary to get the CC31XXEMUBOOST kit. Luckily you only need 1, then further CC3100's only cost $20 plus shipping.

The code is a tad different at the lower levels, but if you use Energia it should be similar. New feature in Energia is WiFiClient's .sslConnect() function, along with several ways to connect- including making it an Access Point which is cool.

The CC31XXEMUBOOST kit is necessary for upgrading the CC3100's firmware which is typically necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4